Hyde Park

Every Wednesday, Lady Parker looked forward to her meeting with the King

Every Wednesday, Lady Parker looked forward to her meeting with the King. It had been their tradition since the lady was six. Thea was wearing a high neckline white cotton embroidered undershirt covered by a beautiful long-sleeve riding jacket with six gold buttons in the front embellishing it and a skirt, both in emerald green. She complemented the look with a hat and gloves in black, and Poppy, her maid, had braided her hair on the back. Making sure she would not appear unkempt if the weather took a turn.

Smiling happily, Thea rode beside the King. She was perfection, and all eyes were on her. The ton formally greeted them on the streets, and the gentlemen smiled happily, took their hats off, and bowed to them. 

"Do not entertain them much, my love. I will find you a much more suitable husband. I am already working on it." 

She heard the King saying and smiled

She heard the King saying and smiled. "Yes, of course, my King." 

Thea knew her papa would intervene when the time came. He did not want her to marry the King's second cousin, the King of Prussia. The man was two and twenty years older than her, and she would be living very far from England. Thea would never have the opportunity to see her family if she became a Queen of another kingdom.

They arrived at Hyde Park, and Thea noticed three horses riding in their direction and did not believe her eyes, as one belonged to Mister Pine. She would recognise his handsome face in a crowd full of people anywhere in the world. Thea's heart started to run fast as he got closer to them.

The last time she saw him was at her presentation at St James' Palace. Thea was unsure how she was able to perform a perfect low curtsy when her heart was pounding too fast in her chest, and she had difficulty breathing in his presence. Thea thought she would pass out there and ruin her presentation, embarrassing the King and her family.

Thea saw John staring at her for the first time in four years and stopped paying attention to her horse leading her to lose control of it. They rode slowly, appreciating the park, but her big stallion got spooked. Stallions have aggressive behaviour, and the King only gifted her one because Thea was an excellent horsewoman.

But if the Kind had not acted fast, it could have resulted in a significant fall as the horse was very tall for Thea. It had got too agitated and started to elevate the front legs in the air. Without even blinking, the King quickly gripped the reins and subdued Villain, preventing her fall.