Chapter19|| Into the Ruins pt. 1

"Without danger, you cannot go beyond danger."

  ~George Herbert

_________________________________________

Jacob's POV

I woke up drenched in a cold sweat, sleep-deprived as usual. I reluctantly pulled myself off the ground only to be hit with a sharp jolt of pain on the left side of my head.

I winced, checking the time.

3:45 a.m. And I have a headache. Great.

I think it's safe to say that I won't drink that much for a long while.

The silence is broken by an annoying outburst of noise.

I winced at the sudden chiming sound coming from the nightstand that amplified the pain excruciatingly.

My eyes searched the dark, a tinge of anger gradually building up within me. I was alerted by a quick flash of white light from the nightstand on the other side of my bed.

Orianna's Phone. This should be interesting.

I slowly made my way over, with one eye open as the headache intensified.

A flash of white light emitted from the phone once again, just long enough to make the notifications on the screen visible.

*3 New Messages*

*1 Missed Call from Birth giver*

I clicked on the first notification, curiosity getting the best of me, as well as the bright light from the phone.

My eyes landed on the messages from an unknown number.

*Remember all the good times we had together?*

*I'll come for you, wherever you're hiding, I'll always find you*

*always*

. . .the heck?

I don't know what's worst. The fact that I really felt like beheading this bastard or the fact that I have a sneaking suspicion as to who it may be.

I wonder if the dimwit knows what he's doing.

It's almost funny to even entertain the thought of him going anywhere near Orianna.

I mean I have to protect what belongs to me.

His 'secret' hide out is only a mere 15-minute drive from here.

Nothing more than a quick drive out.

I went inside the bathroom, immediately catching a glance of myself in the mirror.

Unruly curly, washed-out dark green hair with ruffled fringes that hung slightly above my eyes. Skin pale, and lightly freckled. My eyes were bloodshot, with small bags underneath them.

I sighed, combing my hand through my hair.

I've had this color in for a while now. It was actually mum's favorite.