Chapter14||Mcdonald's

"Tough times never last, but tough people do.

-Robert Schuller

___________________________

Jacob opened the door, and I walked in feeling like something wasn't right.

Shit. I just remembered that I had school tomorrow.

The day was almost finished and I can guarantee that there will be no shops anywhere around here.

"Hey! Jacob!" Sean shouted from the couch, barely making eye contact. Both guys had their eyes fixated on the television with game controllers in their hands.

I was never really a gamer and I don't think I will ever understand the logic behind it all. I lowered my head, staring at the floor. I didn't like socializing at all.

"Let's go." He whispered, taking my hand and leading me upstairs. I walked behind him, trying to be as invisible as possible.

"There are no extra rooms, so you'll have to sleep in my room." He stated blankly.

"Hell no." he couldn't be serious. There's never a dull moment with Jacob Lacroix.

"Unless you want to sleep in the weapon room, with all the guns and recent shipments?" He glared at me smugly. I bet that he waited for a typical response.

"Alright." I flashed him a fake smile. Anything would be better than sleeping in his room.

"I was only joking, you don't have a choice." Before I could register what was happening, I was over his shoulder. I squirmed about, hoping that he would drop me. He barely flinched when I hammered my fists against his back.

He threw me unto the bed and took my shoes off, closing the door afterward. The room was darkly painted and somewhat contemporary with a huge grey carpet in the middle.

"I'll take the floor and you take the bed." He huffed.

Was I that heavy?

I propped myself up on my elbows. "I've got school tomorrow you know?"

"And?" He answered carelessly.

"I need clothes."

"Why can't you wear what you have on now." He smirked at me and I instantaneously threw a pillow at him.

"I'm serious, the principal will expel me if she sees my tats, and she will tell my mother." I sighed, falling on my back.

He rolled his eyes at me. "School is only wasting your time." He started, laying a blanket down on the floor.

"You should just stop going and work for me." He casually stated as if it was possible.

I sat upright with my hands over my face. "Can't I just borrow one of your hoodies or something?"

The room fell silent, a couple of seconds later I heard snoring.

"You've got to be kidding me!" I got up, hitting him repeatedly with a pillow.

He laid unaffected." Hmm? Sure..." he drifted off to sleep.