Chapter 32||Letting Go

"I realize there's something incredibly honest about trees in winter, how they're experts at letting things go."

-Jeffrey McDaniel

~~~

Jacob's POV

*FLASHBACK CHAPTER*

We found ourselves hitting the rough gravel on the jagged cement roads. It was around 5 in the morning and I was still groggy and upset from having to be moved around so much. Not to mention sore.

"Hang in there Jakey!" Jerald places a hand on my shoulder for support to which I instantly shrug off. I hated getting pity from anyone. Even if it was a very serious deal at that.

"You're still pissed about all this huh?" He adds mockingly, seemingly trying to get back at me.

"I know who's more pissed though. " He doubles over on the back seat beside me earning glares from X and Sean from the front. I let out a long sigh, trying to cope with this idiot.

"It's that Doctor guy, you should have seen his face when I told him that you're grandmother's last dying wish was to see you." He blows down still laughing a little, trying to recover from his previous state.

"We had to tell him something, dude wouldn't shut up about doctor's orders and all that crap." Sean chimed in. My eyes darted over at X, the infamously quiet and stoic driver. The only driver I knew with unquestionable loyalty, such loyalty that saved my ass. I really owe him one this time.

"We'll have to pull over here, we need some medicine. " Sean instructed X toward a small supermarket of some sort and I got a strong gut feeling that something was not right once two large, black, heavily tinted SUVs came into view. They were parked one behind the other, and even more interestingly, a group of men had just come out of the one in front.

"Are you guys following?" Jerald questioned, his eyes glued to the guy in a blue long-sleeved dress shirt. I had already figured that this guy had a little weight to his name with how very surrounded he was by 4 well-built bodyguards. They were walking down, coming straight toward us.

"X? I think we had better start moving now." Jerald anxiously starts to stir, his eyes darting all around us.

"No, let's wait for a bit., I ordered to which Jerald whips his head around, his face warped in fret.

"C'mon Boss, we could get the drug some place els--. "

"I'm sure X heard that clearly. " I cut him off instantly.

"Crystal., X answered, his eyes glistening with mischief from the rearview mirror, and Sean scuffs.

"Wuss." He spoke up, his tone sinister, stirring up something within Jerald.

"Don't give me that shi--"

"Hush up ladies." X held a hand up and both fall silent in an instant as they see the group of men approaching the car. Mustering all the strength I had in my body at this hour was not easy, but necessary for maintaining my image. I positioned myself normally, trying to ignore the pain that was being aroused from the sudden shift.

"I'll grab the medicine." Jerald jumped onto the opportunity, literally getting out, from beside me. He sprints up to the store and managed to catch the attention of one of the guards from the group. He taps something in his ear and immediately every other guard is visibly more tensed. All the while, the man in the midst of it all was not exactly oblivious but he wasn't exactly calm either. I could tell, from his demeanor that he meant business.