Chapter2||Regret

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser".

~John W. Gardner
_____________________________________

Darcy stopped just to get some breakfast because she claimed she was hungry.

As Usual.

Getting out of the car, I nervously gripped onto my bag. Having noticed the size of the school.

It was huge. It looked like some privately owned school. It had a high tower at the top of it and two large stone plaques at either sides of the school which read 'Wennister High School Rules'. At the bottom it had very small notings.

Squinting closer, I realized it was written in a foreign lanauage.

"Locul secretelor, " I whispered to myself.

Huh. wonder what that meant, maybe this school has a secret room or something or maybe--

I felt some one drag me away.

"Come on Orianna, let's go now or you'll be late for class." She looked down at the class schedule.

Why does she have to be so determined?

"Looks like we have History second session and Math third session together," She finished, smiling at me.

Oh no. She has that crazy look again, the one that was obvious she was up to trouble.

"Maybe, after school we could hang out with a few friends." She nodded. As if that was a good idea.

Just say no. Just a simple No.

" Yeah that'd be great," I said, immediately regretting my decision.

Stupid. Stupid. Now you have to socialize. So much for being invisible.

******

I walked around, wondering in the hallways. Looking for my classroom was like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Almost impossible.

Then I started thinking, what if I never find my class? What if I had already missed the first session? What if I am marked absent on my first day? Shit. My Mother will definitely kill me. My thoughts are interrupted when all of a sudden I feel an unwanted presence behind me.

I stiffened at that.

"Hi there!" I heard a stranger behind me say. I am instantaneously switched back to reality when I turned around to see who it was.

"Hi?" I slowly checked him out. Jet black hair, tall, fair-skinned and good looking.

Wow. He looks like the guy who girls would do anything for. The type of guy who could make any girl weak just by looking at them.

It made me sick.

"You look lost, let me help you," He said smiling down at me.

Maybe he expected me to fall to my knees and praise him?

"Um, no I'm fine." I lied. But for a good reason.