Chapter 27||Business with Pleasure

"Life is never fair, and perhaps it is a good thing for most of us that it is not."
-Oscar Wilde

~~~~

A/N: This chapter is 18+ pleaseee.. Proceed with great caution.

***

I'm awoken by the harsh and sudden streaming in of sunlight that floods the entire room. Gosh, it was so bright, my hand instinctively shot up to my face, attempting to block out the blinding light that was too much for me in my freshly awoken state.

"Good morning honey," I heard someone, say in a high-pitched, sing-song manner. I sat upright from the daze I was in and take a look around me. I was in a large room, it had to be about the size of my whole house. The furniture was quite minimal, with there only dark, wooden nightstands, on both sides of the king-sized bed. The floors were covered in similar, polished dark wood and there was a huge grey sofa adjacent to the large glass window, it held a large, white stone pillar at its center, that stopped just at the bottom of the window. My mind suddenly snaps out of a daze and I'm instantly brought back to reality when I start to remember little snippets about yesterday.

Bentley. Russia. Ezekiel... I immediately look down at the cream sheets. "Oh, no." I anxiously peaked under the sheets to, fortunately, see my clothed body underneath.

The lady then gave me a small smile adding that she was the one that changed me. Thank God.

I had on a red, silky nightgown, from what I could see, it had a simple design with a little sweetheart neckline hemming along the bust. I ran my finger along the hemming of the lightly laced neckline. I angled myself to where my feet now hung over the bedside, not quite touching the large grey, rug that lay underneath my feet.

"Dear, it's about time we start to get you prepped for your big day." I heard the same high-pitched voice speak again. And I whipped my head around to see her standing across the bed from me. She was a thin, woman of small stature adorned in a flowy, knee-length sapphire-colored strap dress. Her skin was a pale yellowish tone and her face was lightly wrinkled. Her shiny brunette hair though was elegantly tucked and pinned up.

"What big day?" I furrowed my brows in confusion, when suddenly, I get a vivid flashback from yesterday, bringing back the dreadful memory of Ezekiel saying something along the lines of marriage.

"Right, miss, I think there's been a huge misunderstanding about this whole deal," I responded, just about ready to get up out of here.

The lady gave me a light smile, one that didn't quite meet her light brown eyes. "You can call me Ms. Rowley and I do not know your personal affairs with Mr. Stanley... " She paused, eyeing me from head to toe.

Huh. I narrowed my eyes at her.

"But, I know that he knows what he's doing and I trust that you'll comply accordingly. " She added in a matter-of-factly manner. She didn't even answer my question.

Ms. Rowley is more like Ms. Bitch.

"Okay, Ms. Rowley." I gave her a tight-lipped smile before standing on my feet and right after, I'm met with the sudden softness of the rug beneath me.

With that, she gives a quick nod and I make my way to the dark wooden door across the room. I place my hand over the rustic, bronze door knob and I'm suddenly hot with the realization that I didn't even fox myself a little and I don't even know what might be outside that door waiting for me. So I decided to take a quick diversion to the long-standing mirror a few meters away from the door.