Chapter26||No chances

"I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it."

-Maya Angelou

~~~

"Sweetheart, you'll be my lawfully wedded wife in just a few hours from now." He adds and it's the most serious I've ever heard him since we met.

"Stop playing around now will you?" I whip my head around to face him, this time he had his head turned to the window.

He then turned to face me, his features now tense and his eyes peering straight into my soul.

"I'm dead serious, Miss Hall." He countered, his hazel eyes narrowing at me and I feel all the blood drain from my body. What's that supposed to mean? Is this boy crazy?

"Are you sure you got the right Ms. Hall?" I said, furrowing my brows in confusion. The vehicle comes to a smooth halt at the stoplight and there is also a noticeable silence that fills the entire car. I turn my head around so that I could now face him, I see that he's seated looking in front of the vehicle, seemingly staring at the stoplight that glowed a dim red.

He sighed. "Miss Hall, we have no time for these games, I trust that you'll cooperate to ensure this process is executed as smoothly as possible." His voice was much deeper and more assertive this time. He seemed to have a more controlled and domineering air to him.

I don't know what came over me, but now I can feel teardrops sliding down my cheeks. "This is not fair." I blurt out shakily, rapidly using my hand to wipe my cheeks.

"You can't just kidnap me and have your way with me, I can't die like this." More tears start to stream down my face, faster and now more difficult to hide. He once again became silent and turned his head to the window. I lose my composure. "Say something!" I scream hysterically at him." To which he doesn't even flinch.

How could I be so stupid? How could I be this careless?

And what's worse, it's like this is natural for him. I'm done for, If only Darcy was here, if only she were still alive.

Mustering up all my strength I scream at the top of my lungs. "Pull over the car right now! " my fingers automatically snake around the door handle in preparation to run out as soon as I get the chance. But to my shock, the driver quickly glances at me through the rearview mirror before putting up a separation screen between us.

I bang on the screen as hard as I can in hopes of appeasing the driver in case he could take some form of pity on me. But all my efforts were futile as I could see, from my window were only heading in one direction.

I try Ezekiel once more. "Please, Ezekiel, if you drop me off right now, I promise I won't say anything to anyone." I frantically searched my brain for more convincing things to say. "I'll give you whatever u want, just please let me go," I pleaded to feel dejected because I saw that he didn't even flinch. He still had his head turned to me, he still was facing the window.

I felt the vehicle smoothly come to a break once more and judging by the fact that there were other vehicles adjacent to this one, we were at a stoplight. On a quick flicker of hope, I hit the window as hard as I could hoping to drag someone's attention. As I hit the window continuously, my hands grew weaker and weaker each time. "Help! Anyone!" I desperately pull at the door handle, hoping that it would be accidentally unlocked.

"Please, I'm being kidnapped!" I ignore the growing pain in my hands and hit harder. "Someone! Please?!" I croaked. I paused, took a deep breath, and immediately started hitting g the window again.