Chapter 11||No way

A/N: Guys it's tearing up like crazy outside, and I'm writing this chapter as a way of comfort and to ease the anxiety. So don't forget to press the star at the bottom so I know how I did:-)

****
''Money and success don't change people; they merely amplify what is already there."

- Will Smith
_________________________

I can't believe the nerve some people have. No wonder he is so lonely, nobody wants to be with a jerk like him.

It's like my whole life consist of people always wanting to take advantage of me and I won't have that.

No more miss softie, I have to stick up for myself and stop letting people treat me like a door mat.

It's no wonder you got raped. My subconscious added and I quickly dismissed the thought.

From now on no one gets to take advantage of me, not even my mother. Speaking of which I can't say the last time since I've had a home-cooked meal.

It's been weeks since my mother went shopping and I'm beginning to think she doesn't care about my needs anymore.

I brushed my hair up into two big messy buns and slid on some jeans and a long pink hoodie. I'm trying to avoid my mother seeing the tats.

I don't want to be put on another house arrest, especially after what happened last time.

I made sure not to slam the door as I come out of my room because my mother's been locked up in her room since last night and I don't wanna wake her.

I tiptoed downstairs, slid the keys off the rack, and slipped on my Nike slippers, quietly closing the doors behind me.

It's so warm outside that I'm beginning to reconsider the hoodie. I opened the car and climbed into the driver's seat pushing the key into the ignition.

I remember my first time driving, I was about 14 when I and some friends decided to hotwire a car. It was also the most terrifying experience since I also remember running off the road into a ditch.

My mother lost it, and I enjoyed seeing her upset.

I know for a fact that I will not have enough money for shopping and I'll have to borrow a few dollars from my mother. Digging around the car, I found two hundred dollar bills and a piece of gum.

I pocketed the money and chewed on the gum while pulling out of the garage.

*****

The bright side of not having a phone is that won't have to worry about my mother calling me obsessively just to know where I am.

But I still do need one.

I parked the car and got out, walking briskly into the supermarket. I grabbed a cart, wandering into several isles, taking up some essentials for dinner and some other things for the house.

I was about to cash out when I spot the electronics booth, I pushed the cart over and scanned over the phones they had available.

I finally decide on an iPhone 8 plus, it's bagged and I headed out of the supermarket struggling with the grocery bags.

"I can help with that." I heard a stranger say behind me.