Chapter 21||Gift Wrapped

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

- T. S. Eliot

~ ~ ~

Jacob's P.O.V

I have to admit that I was slightly taken aback by the news of Jeremiah's death. Sure I didn't particularly like the guy but he was of use.

To some extent.

His death did mean one less enemy to watch out for, but most importantly, who would kill him?

Could it be Markov?

I still have him on the top of my list. With that said, even though we are rivals that still doesn't give him the right to take Darcy's body.

I pull out my phone to see that someone is calling me, an unknown number.

"Boss, it's done."

"Great." I hang up. I guess the rookie is not as bad as I thought he was. At least the rookies are most passionate about getting the job done. I figure it is because they want to prove their value to me.

The rookie is valuable alright. He just made one of the most annoying of my problems disappear.

That scumbag that wouldn't leave Orianna alone. He couldn't heal like the dog he was so I had to put him down.

And I think that this was the best way to start the plan to end Markov's rein once and for all.

I remove myself from the table and head upstairs, motioning for the other guys to follow. They do so and shortly I close the door to my room behind me once they enter.

I made sure to keep Orianna out of this as I don't think she'll be of any value to me right now.

"Yeah? " Jerald coughs, a cigarette held between his lips.

"I need you to work on getting me some accurate coordinates. " I demand, immediately reaching over to him and grabbing the cigarette, throwing it on the ground and crushing it under my foot.

"Need you in your right mind right now. " He huffed in annoyance before going over to the desktop in the corner.

"X is on driver duty, Sean you'll cover me while I enter the building."

Of course, the security will be tight, and quite a lot in numbers. But they'll be the least of my worries.

"Got em! " Jerald exclaims, having a mini eureka moment as he gestures to the coordinates on the desktop screen. We then continue to discuss in depth the details of our plan.

Once everyone is informed of their positions we decide to go off to bed. The night had unbelievably fallen so quickly and we were all ready to wake up early in the morning to head out first thing.

Just as I'm about to head to bed there's a bit of curiosity I feel towards Orianna and I quickly head downstairs to see what she's up to before I start to change my mind.

She is laying down on the couch and I can see that the tele is still on.

I open the fridge and take out a bottle of Orange juice, pouring some out for myself. I gulp down some of the juice and the pulp in it as well, regrettably.