Chapter9||Scum

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

              ~George Bernard Shaw

_________________________________________

Jacob's P.O.V

Getting her to deal was the least, at least she'll stay out of my business now. I braked at the mansion around 5 pm.

The evening breeze was cool and felt refreshing against my skin.

I headed straight to the headquarters, opened the chestnut drawer, and took out the nearly finished pack of cigars.

I lit the last one, inhaling harshly, welcoming the all too familiar taste to enlighten my senses, I coughed a bit. I couldn't control the urge to smile at the thought.

I mean like why are females so gullible?

They believe any shit that comes out of my mouth. I knew the girl was way too curious for her good so she would just focus on getting info to 'help' me out, instead of snooping around my business, heck what's my inside men for?

I leaned back on the chair, with the cigarette in one hand and a profile in the other.

Ah, Danford, such a terrible way to die, all you do is owe, my mind drifted.

My phone vibrated, snapping me out of a daze. The name 'rookie' was visible on the screen. I answered the video call and couldn't help but smile as the light filled the room in the video and a man, about in his late 40s suddenly appeared. He was in a filthy basement on Wesgrove avenue downtown, tied to a chair and blindfolded.

"I swear, I was gonna wire the money, I swear, please, just please, I'll make a call and it'll be here, just please, don't do this," I heard the guy begging.

"Shut up! Maybe you should've thought of that before it was too late." I listened to the rookie in amusement.

I sucked in the smoke and my smile grew, even more, when two men in black appeared from the corners of the screen. One holding a heavy-duty stapling gun, and one holding a chainsaw. My head felt light as I exhaled.

"Tell me where Jeremiah's run off to! Yea, don't act like he ain't your nephew!" The rookie barked at him, causing him to start shaking for a little.

"I C-can't, you'll kill him, won't you? Please, he's all the family I got," The old man answered.

I laughed as the chainsaw started up, causing the old man to start bawling and shaking hysterically.

"Cut right through his left arm," The rookie ordered the guy in black.

"I swear I don't know, you can't do this!" The old man squealed as the chainsaw is lowered onto his left arm slowly digging through his flesh, causing him to yell in agony.

I watched as the lifeless limb fell to the floor. Blood rushes out and the old man's face was twisted in pain.

"H-he's at t-the airport," He shook and breathed shakily.

I paused for a short while, thinking about the move I'll make to deal with Jeremiah, there's nothing quite like fresh information.