Chapter18||Ricky's

"Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood."

~Helen Keller

_________________________________________

⚠️CAUTION!⚠️

🔴 INAPPROPRIATE/ DANGEROUS SCENE(S) AHEAD!!

PLEASE DO NOT PROCEED IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH INAPPROPRIATELY SUGGESTED ACTIONS, ETC.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED‼️

Jacob's POV

I sat on the bar stool at Ricky's. A small but adequately decorated nightclub, located in the heart of the town. The entire club was themed with bright red, flashing lights and pictures of well-known public figures at Chester county, who had long passed away.

This wasn't my first time here, after all, I am close friends with the club owner.

Or at least I was.

Ricky's was a place where you'd meet people from all walks of life. However, the most frequent were run-down business moguls that either-according to them, 'needed a break' or 'got bored of their family lives.' It is the same conversation that happens across every spectrum, every time. And it's the same backstory that the peppy, big-breasted blondies buy, going back to their place for whatever.

The dance floor was spacious and open with drunken people who moved along to the generic, flat music that soon faded into the background. The DJ then loudly introduced a new and fresh upbeat pop tune that blasted throughout the small nightclub, in which the crowd hollered and danced in excitement.

I scoffed as my eyes laid upon the scene in front of me, I was never a dancer and I don't think I'll ever be.

My eyes darted around the room, as I casually looked for something more entertaining to watch. I made eye contact with the brunette knock-off to Kim K, for the fifth time this night. Each time it was her that I found out had been hungrily gazing at me, before I instantly turned my back, breaking the stare off.

I was not interested and something felt off with me lately. I found myself not wanting to entertain in flirtatious conversations with the types of girls who desperately wanted attention.

Maybe I only wanted one girl to give me attention.

What's wrong with me? This isn't me.

I dismissed the thought and decided to clear my mind so that I could be at ease with myself and this whole Darc- situation.

My mind drifted back to what happened and I still can't believe it...I stopped myself for the umpteenth time from thinking back by gesturing to the bartender to serve me another glass of whisky for the 3rd time since I got here.

The stiff drink had previously left my tongue numb with a newly addicting and strong flavor that put me in my happy place.

Just a few more drinks and I'll be another version of myself.

The one that I liked.

I downed the shot glass of whisky in one go, relishing in the burning sensation thereof, that spread and became stronger with each time, at the back of my throat.