Chapter25||City lights and Fights

"The only impossible journey is the one you never begin."

-Tony Robbins

~~~

What?

In the blink of an eye, there is a glistening, black ca-- is that a Bentley in front of us? And heavily tinted too.

The driver wastes no time in exiting the car. He's a pale, short, and stubby guy, clothed in a black and white tuxedo and his hands are covered in white cloth gloves.

When did that car even get here?

"Mr. Stanley, Ms. Hall. " He opened the car door and gestured for us to enter. I look over at him and he gently grabs my arm and walks over to the car. I look behind me to see that the driver is struggling behind with our luggage.

Moments later, I'm seated on red leather seats in the back of the car. Ezekiel slowly reaches his hand around my waist and I freeze.

He pauses for a moment, his hazel eyes peering into mine. I stare at him, his bouncy curls were a dark shade of brown and his lips were full. Very full.

And that jawline... Could make any girl weak in the knees.

He flashes a perfect smile down at me and I feel my heart somersault.

What did he do to me?

I hear a click and I snap out of my daze to find that he buckled me in. He turns his head to the window and I suddenly find myself embarrassed. The car then slowly pulls out of the runway and at this point, I can't even register everything that has happened, but all I know is that I can't let this guy keep me off track.

Keeping my head turned to the window, I try to strike up a conversation. "So... " I trail off, trying to pick my brain of sensible things to say."

"So?" he mimics me and I take a glance. Which was a huge mistake because I'm now met with his annoyingly attractive Hazel eyes.

His gaze was unwavering and... I take a deep breath. I quickly dart my eyes away from his and position myself to where I can only see the mesmerizing view of the ridiculously tall city buildings whose peaks seemed to disappear into the purplish-pink hues of the evening sky.

"What is your business with me? " I try to put on my best serious expression. I hear him chuckle softly.

"So you wait this long to finally ask this question?" He says in a tone dripping with sarcasm.

"Sweetheart, you'll be my lawfully wedded wife in just a few hours from now." He adds and it's the most serious I've ever heard him since we met.

"Stop playing around now will you?" I whip my head around to face him, this time he had his head turned to the window.

He then turned to face me, his features now tense and his eyes peering straight into my soul.

"I'm dead serious, Miss Hall." he countered, his hazel eyes narrowing at me and I feel all the blood drain from my body.

****

Jacob's POV

The room is quiet until I heard the sound of a glass being put on a table. My hand catches what feels like a light switch and in an instant, the whole room is filled with pale white light. A loud cackle then invades the quiet space and suddenly I feel my breath hitch.