Chapter 6||Stupid

***Mildly graphic scenes ahead, proceed with caution.

~~~

"Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."
*****

•F L A S H B A C K•

"N-no get off me! Stop!" I tried wiggling myself free but his grip only tightened around my neck.

The room was old and stuffy, the walls were unpainted, cracked, and smelt of burnt cigarettes, and my hands were bound to a board with chains. My clothes were sprawled over the dusty, chipped wooden floors.

"Shut up!" He said, his breath wreaking of alcohol, his stubble felt sharp on my skin.

Not a soul cared where I was and what was happening to me. It's funny how people can swear to protect you or say that they know what's best for you, but I guess I'm reminded that at the end of the day those are just promises. I have to stick up for myself in this life.

Finally, in my last attempt to escape, I squeal and spit at his face.

He was quick to react. "Stupid Bitch!, I think it's about time you learn a lesson," He slurred.

My neck was restrained so I could only hear the rustling of keys, as he dug around his pockets.

Before I could think about what would happen next he grabbed my wrists and slowly dragged the jagged edge of the knife against them.

"Nmph!" the tears rolled down my cheeks as I felt the stinging sensation. I began to cry, disregarding the fact that he could get even angrier.

"Sssh...you're only making it worse." He shoved his index finger onto my mouth. I shivered as his hands found somewhere else on my body to abuse.

I could feel my body slipping away. "Pl-pleeas, I'll do anything, just stop this," I begged softly between sobs.

He ignored me and continued.

Closing my eyes, I tried to gather as much strength as I could. I began to kick and thrash about as hard as I could, screaming and scratching at his face, he pressed me harder against the floor. The old floors cried out at the impact.

"You ain't goin' nowhere princess," He said, placing a kiss on my forehead. I turned to try and get him off me, but he straddles me, restricting my movements even further, squeezing my neck in the process. My eyes start to flicker...I just need that knife...

It's just--

E N D | O F | F L A S H B A C K•
*******

"Orianna! Come down here now!" My mom called from upstairs, sounding angrier than ever.

Grabbing my bag, I ran downstairs to see her holding a bottle of rum.

"Didn't I tell you not to touch My Kraken bottle?" Her brows raised, looking straight at me. It wasn't me, could've been the...guy, but I didn't know how to tell her.

She took my silence as confirmation and set the bottle down, only to give me a slap across my face. I couldn't tell you how much I wanted to return it, but I didn't.

The room fell silent, then she turned her back. Tears filled my eyes as I swung my bag over my shoulder and stepped out. It seemed as if my dog sensed something was wrong because he tried to follow me.

"Patch! Stay!" I tried my best to sound stern.

He's such an innocent little thing, he just stood there doing nothing.

I sighed, bending down to take up a stick and throwing it as far in the yard as I could, slipping through the gate, closing it behind me.

I wonder what Darcy's doing, she would've been here by now. I reach into the pockets of my hoodie for my phone but I soon come to realize that I don't have it, the guy took it, I remember.

To hell with it, I ain't doin school today. I took the street corner to the tattoo and piercings shop. The street was empty and full of strays.

I wandered into a small shop with skulls and paintings on the wall. The furniture looked brand new and the air smelled like shaving cream and ink.

There weren't many people in the shop.

I spotted a tall fair-skinned man around the back, he must be the guy I want. I took a deep breath.

"Hi I'd like this one and..."

I stepped out of the shop, feeling a little sore, but powerful.

I felt as accomplished as a soldier would after a battle. Even though my skin was burning, I still felt damn good. It's times like these I feel connected to my grandmother, she always was a determined old woman.

Walking down the streets, I noticed a clothing store that I've always wanted to go and check out.

Stepping inside, I noticed that the floors were white and marbled, giving the whole store a light and clean feel. I walk around dazzled by the wide collection of clothes and jewelry.

I was about to pick up the tank top that I liked when I heard someone behind me.

"Thank heavens I found you!" She gawked at me. Looking up I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Darcy? What are you doin' here?" I said confused.

"I tried calling home but that witch told me you left, I knew something was off, so I came to look for you, and here I am," She said, all the while her eyes glued to my arms, running her fingers over the tattoos.

I winced at the contact, taking a step back.

"When did you get these?" She said, with an amused look on her face.

"A while ago," I said triumphantly.

"You know the witch could kill you right?" She said trying to touch the piercings on my face, but I moved away before she could. "I'd like to see her try," I said confidently, picking up a white tank top with black short shorts and heading for the counter to cash out. Darcy followed behind me.

"But why do you have so many on your arms?" I smiled.

"Cuz I can." I picked up my bag of clothes and walk out.

Stepping into the car she started again.

"You know what you did was stupid right?" She said glaring at me.

"Mhmm," I said shaking my head.

Darcy burst out laughing, "Mrs.Henry is gonna expel your ass when she sees you." She looked at me one more time before starting the car.

"That's why I have you to cover for me." I turned the radio up. Darcy's face falls and turns down the radio.

"I've been your best friend long enough to know when something's wrong," She stated, her tone dripping with concern.

"Nothing's wrong I just didn't want to go to school today but no, you had to come to pick me up," I attempted to convince her.

There was silence as the car pulled over.

"Okay tell me what's wrong," She said while having her arms folded and I knew that I had to start speaking.

***********************************

If u enjoy what I write you can leave a comment and vote.

-stay safe
~killerbeanqxeen