Chapter31||Wine and Whispers

A/N: There's swearing in this part:-( TAKE PRECAUTION EVERYONE!
***

"The greatest glory in living lies not in falling, but rising everytime we fall."

-Nelson Mandela

~~~

After being seated in the back, my door was closed and a few seconds later the door by Ezekiel's side as well. The delicate scent of mandarin with a prominent woody fragrance permeates the air around me, just for a little bit. I lowered my head, trying to preserve whatever pride I had left within me as I felt the intensity of Ezekiel's glare on me. I lift my head one more time, soaking up the image of the house that I was being ripped from. I thought that we were friends and I thought that we had something. He and I had something.

But it's obvious we didn't and we don't.

A newly found anger arises within me and I clench my fists into balls, my breathing getting more rapid.

"What the fuck do you want with me? Can't you just leave me alone?" I rambled on, my blood boiling with the hopes of hitting a chord in him. Just enough for him to get pissed off to the point of changing his mind. From the corner of my eye, I saw that his lips curled into a smirk.

"Language Miss Hall." He slowly rolled off his tongue.

"It's obvious I can't leave you alone." He slowly slides his tongue over his bottom lip, bringing a well-cut, crystal shot glass to his lips. He then turned to his window, his fingers positioned just right for me to see a good-sized piece of a carat on his index finger. It was hard not to notice it as it glistened with every stream of sunlight that poured in through the windows. I heard his deep humming as he took another sip of what I presumed to be liquor from its clear-like appearance with a sort of light amber hue to it.

"This is what it's come to." He slightly held his glass in the air.

"You drive me crazy. " He chuckled briefly before bringing the glass back to his lips, silently taking a longer sip this time.

"Apparently not enough," I added under my breath and I know he caught that when I heard another hum from him, this time a little more high-pitched.

"You know something? I think I know exactly what you need." He hissed right after he downed the remaining liquor, squeezing his eyes shut as he finished, which revealed a deep dimple on his cheek.

After telling the driver to go to 'The Spot' he adjusts the collar and fastens the black buttons on the cuffs of his long-sleeved even dress shirt. I just left the conversation at that. Asking about it would be useless, though what lay thinking about is how stupid I was and naive.

Never again. I know I said that already but at that time, in my h, heart I knew there was still something. But right now, he'd be lucky to ever see my face again.

You know what? To hell with my Mother, to hell with Jacob, to hell with everyone.

I turned my face to the window, aimlessly staring at the blurry passing of vehicles and becoming absorbed in the hypnotic beauty of the late afternoon sky. The once bright hues were now being replaced by an orange-yellow-like hue that spilled over from the sun as it rested at the edge of the same ocean that echoed its color scheme.

After a few turns and stoplights, we finally turn a corner with more compact bushes, where the area was more manicured. As we drove into the narrow lane, vast areas of concrete roads were now replaced by a strip of palm trees. All of which were well aligned to the same height with low-cut cut grass and a crisp line of concrete pavement, enclosing it all together. The lane was not as long as I perceived it to be because we made a stop at what seemed like the location.