Chapter12||Princess

"The measure of a man is what he does with power. "

-Greek Proverb

_____________________________________________

I've got two outfits laid out on my bed and I don't know which one to wear.

It's my first date. I have to look good.

This would be so much easier if I had Darcy's help, but if I call her what am I supposed to say?

Hey, bestie, I'm going on a date with your drug dealer bro, could you help me find an outfit to snatch him up?

I think not, She would freak, Maybe even stop being friends with me. I don't know how I'd live with myself if that happened.

I headed over to the standing mirror, holding the grey, checkered pants and black guess blouse to my body. Tilting my head a bit, I imagined how ridiculous I'd look.

And all the stares I'd get cuz I've worn the same outfit to almost everywhere.

Alright, you're a strong black woman, you can do this. I mentally hyped myself up.

I took a deep breath in and decided on the second outfit. A pink silky, slip-dress that stopped at the middle of my thighs. It's simple yet a bit scandalous. After a quick shower, I put my hair into a high-top bun and styled some edges.

I just know they'll look snatched by the end of the evening, so I put some extra edge control in my purse just in case.

I dabbed on a bit of foundation and some lip gloss, dropping them inside my purse when I'm done. I looked into the mirror one last time, running my hands over the silk dress.

"Okay." I nodded lightly. A message appeared on the lock screen from butt face.

*I'm outside* I can even sense the cockiness through the phone.

I slipped on my favorite low, beige heels and cautiously made my way downstairs, unsure if my mother had already sobered up.

My mother was passed out on the couch, with an empty bottle of brandy on the floor.

This will be the first time I'm glad to see her drunk because I don't know what I'd do if she'd been sober and caught me all dressed up for a guy like this. Especially with tattoos all over my body.

She'd probably slap me really hard and keep me under house arrest. I think she would even home-school me if she had the chance.

I closed the door behind me, sauntering towards Jacob. He rested against the black jeep, arms folded over his chest.

He also didn't look too shabby in his black tux, although he'd look good in anything.

He's so hot.

I mentally slapped myself for calling him hot. I don't like jerks. And Jacob Lacroix happened to be the king of jerks.

All the while, his eyes did not leave me for a second. when I got to the car, he smiled at me before opening the door and running around to the driver's seat.