Chapter8||Truce

"In the end, you have to choose whether or not to trust someone."

~Sophie Kinsella
___________________________________________

Jacob managed to lose the police and drove on an alternative route, to get me home. He stopped at my gate, avoiding eye contact.

"Look, whatever just happened back there, I'm sure as hell that I did not have a thing to do with it," I said, trying to assure him.

"Sure princess, you didn't call the police." He unlocked the car doors. I rolled my eyes as I got out, slamming the car door behind me. Just as I took a step towards my house, I hear the screeching of the tires, I turn around to the smell of exhaust.

Well isn't he a ray of Sunshine?

And I still have no phone. At least I have my dog.

"Hi, patch!" He wagged his tail and scratched at my feet in excitement. I pick him up and walk inside. The house is empty as usual, but its nothing I'm not accustomed to. After such a long, accelerated day, I head upstairs for a shower and go to bed.

"Night boy." I snuggled my puppy. I don't know what's worse, the fact that Jacob called me 'princess' as that guy did, or the fact that he accused me of being the rat.

***

Jacob's P.O.V

That spoiled rich brat almost caused me an arm and a leg. I thought I told Darcy to stop bringing her little friends over while we're doing business. She must've been watching from across the street.

"Um... Boss, we have a lead." Taking out a cigar, I dragged the files closer to the table to open them.

"Yeah, you can leave." I fanned him off. Let's see... I brought the lit cigar to my mouth, the strong fumes filled my lungs as I inhaled. I inspected the first file.

Profile
Name: Jeremiah Peterman
Age:19 y/o
Education: College Undergraduate
Occupation: Unemployed
Family Relation(s): Danford Peterman, 49(uncle)
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Address: 18 Lacomade Street, Hamiltonshire street, Chester County

Hmm... I exhaled, feeling a weight being lifted from my shoulders, this thing was good. "Jeremiah, old pal, what have you been up to... I hope you know where to stick your nose." I chuckled, recalling the time I took his girl out for a little joy ride.

I'm thinking that this is one of his vengeful schemes to get back at me. I sucked in a sharp breath and breathed the fumes out. Eyeing the other profile I bit my lip.

Profile
Name: Orianna Hall
Age:17 y/o
Education: High School
Occupation: Unemployed
Family Relation(s): The late Robert Hall(father), Diana Wills-34(mother)
Ethnicity: Black
Address: 10 Hamiltonshire street, Chester County

Mmm... a smile crept onto my face, I took a closer look at the profile. Mr. Hall... The man was legendary. I didn't know he had a daughter. This means if she knows about these things, why would she call the police? Hmm... except she probably didn't.

My eyes traveled to the profile on the left. Sighing, I picked up my phone...

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you," I said putting out my cigar.

"Try me," He said and I smiled, knowing that my partner was a ruthless businessman.

I spoke up, "It's Jeremiah, he double-crossed us." I waited for a response.