Sydney

Kaia Blanc

"You must be Kaia!" Someone came up and grabbed my hand, their other covering the top of mine.

"Uhm yes. I am. Do I know you?" I asked.

"No you do not. My name is Sydney. I was you before you." She smiled and I hummed.

I had no idea what that meant.

But she was terribly pretty. In a way I wasn't quite jealous but I envied.

Small boobs, flat stomach, petite butt but good thighs, legs for days standing at about 5'10. Her hair was shoulder length and blonde. Her eyes were a deep brown and she was just... pretty.

"Nice meeting you I suppose." I smiled.

I felt a hand firm on my ass before it smoothly slid up to the small of my back.

"I don't think the hand holding is necessary, Sydney." Zion gently motioned to my captured hand.

"Of course, Z. My mistake. I've heard so much. It's lovely seeing you." She gave a smile that could've been kind of her eyes didn't then trail over the entirety of Zion.

I won't lie, I was beginning to get jealous.

"You look good. I miss working with you. Your hands were so... god it was too good to even say." She giggled and I looked down at my hands, irritation starting to overcome me.

"I don't believe those comments are appropriate for a work dinner." He replied, his hand moving up my back as he gently squeezed the back of my neck.

"Anything goes. Alec and some other chick are fucking in the bathrooms." She smiled before speaking to him in Russian.

His jaw ticked and I just needed a drink.

I needed to drown the guilt of killing those men and the urge I had to do the same to the woman.

I walked away quietly, grabbing a glass of champagne from the table before I collected a small plate of crackers, cheese, and summer sausage. On an additional plate I got extra cheese and some fruit.

"Let me help you, angel." Alec took a plate from my overflowed hands.

"I thought you were doing the dirty in the bathroom?" I smiled.

"Was. Don't worry I washed my hands. I sensed her floral perfume from over a mile away." He glanced back at Sydney.

"Who is she?"

He set my stuff down and pulled out my chair for me before sitting beside me.

"Sydney, ex-assistant and known for relieving Zions... stress." He said and I nodded.

"He fired her two years ago." He said.

"Why?"

"He was of course into you the two years before then so Sydney was a quick fuck, but he came to Washington and followed you around for a week straight as a vacation and after that he couldn't think about anything but you. He quickly learned everything about you. Bra size. Shoe size. When he came back he got angry at Sydney for trying to seduce him and he fired her. Hasn't had a hookup since." He told me.

"Wow."

"You jealous?" He smiled.

"Kind of."

"She's currently jobless and has no family."

"I'm not gonna kill her." I rolled my eyes.

"I think you should rethink your choices." He nodded and I turned around, her hands firm on Zions tie, yanking him down to kiss her and she quickly wrapped her arms around his neck, his hands on her waist, prying at her, forcing her bottom half off him.

"Maybe I should." I've never been jealous.

But I was furious. Her red lipstick was all over Zion. He looked angry himself and that made it worse.

He didn't want that, she forced herself onto him.

I felt metal hit my thigh and I saw Alec's hand sliding a pocket knife to me.

I took it, standing as I walked over there.

She stopped, a wicked grin on her face before I came and shoved her back, a smirk remaining as I swung.

Got her right in the jaw, I'm not a good fighter but I hit hard so I had to use it sparingly.

Everyone "ooed" and Zion didn't even try to stop me.

He stepped back and I looked first at him, but then at the woman on the floor who I then straddled and held her throat with one hand as I hit her with my other, repeated assault to the side of her head and close to her left eye.

"Come on baby." He told me and I felt a sense of pride as I beat her, fueled by fire, there was no guilt.

Everyone here was from the underworld. Zion reassured me that.

But I paused, unsure if this actually costed her, her life.

"Don't hesitate. You have the upper hand." Alec coached as people watched, intrigued.

So I decided to choke her out until she was unconscious.

I wasn't gonna kill her. Maybe if I see her again but, I don't know.

Zion then grabbed my arm, yanking me back as his people came in and swept her off to my clinic, saying they were gonna lock her in there until I showed up.

I complied.

Zion looked at my hands before kissing them although they were stained.

"Good girl. I'm proud of you." He whispered and I smiled, reaching to wipe the lipstick off his face.

"Fortunately it was just a peck." He helped me wipe it off.

Everyone returned to their conversations.

"Do they hurt?" He asked, looking at the marks on my knuckles.

"No."

He hummed, I looked down, an erection clear through his pants.

As I shifted my gaze back up he smiled and pulled me close.

"I think you should leave her there for the night and fix my problem first. Mines urgent." He whispered.

"Okay." I nodded, nervous.