Pick Your Poison

Kaia Blanc

"What's on your agenda tomorrow?" I asked Zion.

He hummed, looking through the papers on his desk.

He decided it was best we avoid that crowd for now after his sister was safely home.

"Well, I have... bad people to deal with. You're gonna need to aid one of them. The other three are going to be gutted and then... a meeting at 9 am so those events will occur after my meeting. Then nothing. Maybe schedule you a therapy session if it's desired?" He looked at me.

"Maybe. And when you say gutted... is that literal?" I asked.

He tilted his head.

"Yes, Kaia. And you're gonna see it. You're gonna deal with it. I care about you, a lot, more than I should. But this is one thing I refuse to let you get out of. It's a huge part of my life and it's yours too." He folded his arms over his chest.

"Can I sit the real bad ones out and work up to it?" I asked.

He laughed softly, it was a velvety sound that typically made me smile but this one was sadistic and terrifying.

He stood, walking around his desk, leaning on the front of it as he stared straight at me.

He grabbed my chin with one finger, lifting my head.

"I'll tie you to a chair and force you to watch, Kaia. I'll listen to your screams and cries, or I will bask in your shocked silence. Alec tells you all about how to build a relationship with me, right? Here's your one way ticket, printsessa." He smiled, a gentle smile with an ulterior motive behind it.

I pushed his hand from my face as frustrated tears pricked my eyes.

"You said you respect-"

"Don't try to use my words against me, Kaia. You're gonna obey me, you're gonna listen. I don't care if every fiber of your body hates me for it. You work for me, and with me. You're gonna have to find some light in that because all I'm gonna give you is dark." He coaxed.

"Just as I was starting to like you." I was so irritated.

He sighed, sitting back in his chair.

"Here's the plan, tomorrow you're gonna watch no matter what happens. Alright?" His voice was now understanding.

"Fine." I crossed my arms.

"Now you have three choices. Sit, willingly on a chair, watching. Have me tie you down onto a chair and force you to watch. Or you can be with me, I'll help you through it, but you're still gonna watch. Whether you make it easy or hard on yourself is on you." He nodded.

"Fine."

"Good girl." He grabbed his pen, scribbling things down before he began work on his computer.

I had to sit there for a few hours until he was done, that's when I could finally go home.

-

I got a call and immediately I groaned.

"Yes?" I answered, my voice croaky from just waking.

"You have 30 minutes until I'm there." He said.

"Kay."

He hung up and I slowly got up, going to my bathroom.

I did my basic morning things, brushing teeth, skin care, I just put my curls in a messy bun.

I pulled on my black scrubs incase anything got too bad.

I didn't worry for any makeup as I pulled on my socks and tennis shoes.

I heard the elevator open.

Alec and Zion walked in, Zion handing me an iced coffee.

"Thanks." I whispered.

Even Alec was expressionless and he's typically upbeat.

"Let's go." Alec nodded to the elevator and I followed them, silent and scared.

In the elevator I felt claustrophobic in bad energy.

Discomfort ran through me as Zion opened my door.

I got in, Alec sitting in the back as Zion got in the drivers seat.

He turned to me.

"Buckle." He said and I did.

We drove there in utter silence.

It took a while but when we got there, he parked and Alec left the car.

"The two men from that night are in dog crates. The one from last night is on the side. The two are gone, the one is let off with a polite warning." He said and I nodded.

"Are you going to be compliant today or am I gonna have to fight you?" He asked.

"I'll listen." I whispered.

He gave a small smile.

"Good girl. We're gonna go in there. You have two choices. Sit in a chair across the people, or sit with me. You have 10 minutes to decide." He got out and came to my side where he opened the door and offered a hand.

I took it, getting out of the car.

We walked inside where Alec pulled ropes, dangling the two men by their ankles, the guy from last night panicking as he watched.

Two chairs. One directly in front of them, one a bit further back.

He sat in the one that was further back.

"Pick your poison, angel. The only man to truly care for your safety, or this chair." Alec looked at me and smiled.