Asshole

Zion Morozov

I kicked in his right knee and he fell, screaming.

"I'm not asking a lot of you, Mr. Jameson. Just that I get my money back from everything I provided you. I'm a kind man. I have patience, however I do have a business that's thriving and I refuse to be stolen from." I smiled, squatting to his level as I looked down at his clearly fractured knee cap.

"Call her for me please." I looked to Alec and he nodded, tossing me a crowbar.

"So, when am I gonna get that money back." I asked.

He spat at me and I sighed, laughing as my patience was beginning to ware.

She was already here and gaped at me.

"Jesus Christ!" She began muttering curses in French and I stood, breaking his collarbone as I slammed the crowbar down onto his shoulder with all my strength.

He screamed, Alec coming and shoving a cloth in his mouth.

"Zion what're you doing? You want me to fix this?" She stared at me and I looked at her.

"Come here." I motioned her over and she walked toward me with hesitation.

I touched the side of her face.

"This is what I'm paying you for isn't it?" I asked, pointing to the man with my crowbar.

"But-"

"But nothing. I told you what you were in for, Printsessa." I pushed her curls from her face gently.

"I don't have a clinic, I can't help him." She whispered.

"Oh, that's fine." I had Alec come grab her and hold her as I repeatedly used the crowbar to break his skull, parts of his skull and brain splattering places.

She was silent as she just stared at him.

"Call clean up, I'm gonna take her home." I dropped the bar.

He still held her, his arms slowly releasing her.

I could tell he didn't know if she'd turn and begin hitting him but she didn't. She just silently existed there.

I grabbed her hand and she followed me, her eyes rimmed with tears.

I opened my car door for her.

She got in and I got in my side.

I started the car and handed her a tissue from my glovebox.

"I have a surprise for you in your penthouse." I said and she ignored me, wiping her face.

"Why?" She whispered.

"Did I kill him?" I wanted clarification.

She nodded, looking at me with a slight expression of disgust.

"Because, Kaia, he was a drug addict who stole from me, I gave him a chance, but when Alec did a background check before tonight, he discovered he was a registered sex offender for filming and partaking in child pornography." I said.

She frowned.

"But you only mentioned how he stole from you."

"I have a certain set of values. Anyone who messes with children in a bad way deserves to die a painful, tortured death. But he doesn't know that, all he knows is he owed me. I didn't get my money, that just adds to his uselessness."

She was silent for the rest of the car ride.

-

We got into her house and she stared at the stack of cash on the table.

"Tomorrow you're getting your nails done and going shopping. You get a choice of who joins you, either Alec, Zak the security guard, or me."

"I can't go alone-"

"Don't ask stupid questions after what you saw tonight, Kaia." I rolled my eyes.

She stared downward.

"Can I pick by morning?" She sniffled.

I walked toward her and lifted her chin, tears lacing her eyes.

"I don't mean to be an insensitive asshole right now but this is your job, you're gonna have to learn to not cry or mourn. I was doing this before you, I'm doing it while your here, nothing changes because of your lack of experience." I nodded.

She gave a slight scowl.

"You are an insensitive asshole." She whispered.

I shrugged.

"Are those people, the ones you hurt the ones I'm aiding?"

"Yup."

"But-"

"Kaia, it's either I do what I used to do and leave them on the side of the road or I let them receive some help. You're the help. Bad people get bad things. Karma is a bitch."

"You're a bad person. You seem to have it all good."

"I'm not a bad person, I'm karma. I give what people already having coming to them. But you need rest. That money is for tomorrow. You have till morning to decide who goes with you. If you hate me, it's whatever because you're still here with me for the next 5 years." I let her go and backed up.

"Goodnight Asshole." She flipped me off and walked away.

"Goodnight printsessa. Sleep well." I got into the elevator and made my way to my house.