Haze

Kaia Blanc

I walked into my house after an exhausting morning.

A large bouquet of deep red roses sat on my counter with a wooden basket filled of things.

There was a small note and I opened it.

Kaia,
I know you're drained and there's a lot to work through for you mentally.
I understand, I know how difficult it is to jump over that rope of gore and terror.
Although I am not sorry, and it probably pisses you off, I wish you a relaxing rest of your day.
If you need anything, let me know.
Z

I looked through the basket.

-Unscented bath salts
-A pink bath bomb
-A red bath bomb
-Vanilla scented bubble bath soap
-8 miniature candles
-Bag of peach gummy rings
-A bottle of really good wine
-Bag of hi-chews
-Carmel M&M's

And then a sticky note on an Apple Laptop with his streaming apps usernames and passwords.

I could do with these things.

I ran myself a bath, set up a chair for the laptop, poured a very large glass of wine.

Lit the small candles, added the salts, the bubbling soap, dimmed the lights and got undressed.

I redid my bun, mentally noting the way I was grateful to be on this earth and not where some people end up.

But this is where I begin to believe him.

I chose to be a doctor, to be good to people.

I'm a good person.

They whole heartily decided raping her was a good choice for them.

That results in them being bad people.

No one he's harmed since I'd gotten here was good. Every one of them did something very bad that negatively impacted someone else.

She's gonna have to live with that rape, have to cope and deal.

Meanwhile they're gone. They can't hurt anyone else.

It's a double edged sword.

I was more terrified than anything. To witness that occurring chilled me.

To help the injured man from last night was mind boggling and brain numbing.

I also didn't expect them both to be so... dark.

Alec took me by surprise but for some reason Zion did more.

I knew he was that kind of person but the way he held onto me to force me to watch...

The whispered threats, the openness about him being unapologetic.

I was scared. Terrified.

I believed him when he said he'd never truly hurt me, therefore that results in me holding trust for him.

I sat myself into the hot bath, holding the bath bombs in my hands, sinking them both into the water with some movie playing in the background.

I was tired. Exhausted. Mentally, emotionally, physically. Granted I slept like shit.

Then I faded into my thought and black absorbed my mind.

-

Slams came on the bathroom door.

"Wake up Kaia! You can't sleep in the bathtub you'll fucking drown." Zion yelled before cursing in Russian.

"I-I'm up." I whispered, dazed, the back of my neck throbbing from being on the hard bathtub surface when I fell asleep.