Things to Do

Zion Morozov

I stood there, analyzing her as she slept.

Only a large shirt, and some black underwear.

The shirt was above one hip, revealing a sliver of her stomach.

She was lying on her side, pillow between her legs.

I came to wake her up but... she could sleep a bit longer.

She gently adjusted, sighing as she clenched the pillow tighter between her thighs.

I moved, sitting beside her on her bed, watching as she once again tightened her legs around the pillow.

She whispered something, tensed, then whimpered.

I smiled, making up a thousand reasons to watch her sleep every night although I never needed a reason to do anything.

She rolled over, facing me, her hands under her cheek as she was now in the fetal position.

I let my hand run through her hair, she stirred.

She swatted at my hand before opening her eyes.

She froze, shocked and her face beginning to grow red.

"Morning." I smiled.

She looked around, confused.

"Get ready." I said and she sat up, moving the pillow shyly as she rubbed her eyes.

She scooted out of her bed and walked to her bathroom where she shut the door.

I just sat here, waiting.

After about 10 minutes she opened the door.

"Why am I getting ready?" She asked.

"You have a scheduled pedicure this morning, then we go shopping because I know you kept eyeing things at the mall even though you had a billion bags. Then we're gonna go to dinner." I smiled.

"It's early." She groaned.

"...it's 1 in the afternoon." I nodded.

"No way!" She gasped.

"Anything else you want to get done?" I asked.

She gave a shy smile.

"I wanna get my legs waxed. I'm too lazy to shave them everyday." She laughed.

"Alright." I nodded.

"What do I wear?" She asked.

"Whatever you want. Then we can get you a dinner outfit at the mall." I said.

"Okay." She walked from the bathroom to her closet and shut that door.

I made a reservation an hour and a half after when the pedicure was scheduled.

She came out in loose jeans and a tight black long sleeve.

She walked back to the bathroom, putting on her deodorant, perfume, and putting her curls in a claw clip.

"Done. Except..." she spoke quietly to herself, going to her closet and grabbing her shoes.

All black vans but the ones you tie up like a regular shoe.

She grabbed socks as well, walking out of her room and I stood, following her.

"Are you always this frantic?" I asked.

"No. I don't usually wake up with a man sitting in my bed either." She set the socks and shoes down on the floor as she grabbed a glass and filled it with water.

I grabbed her shoes, undoing the laces.

"Come sit." I said and she hummed with her mouth full of water as she walked over, sitting in the chair.

I grabbed her feet, sitting in the chair beside her, facing her as I placed them in my lap.

I put on her socks, sliding her shoes on before tying them both.

"You sure you wanna wear these with a pedicure?"

"Mmhm. I usually bring a towel to dry off my feet extra before I put my shoes back on."

"Alright." So I stood and grabbed a towel.

We walked out to my car, I got her in her side and buckled before I got in my side.

"Were you dreaming?" I asked.

She paused.

"No?"

I laughed.

"What was the dream?" I asked.

"None of your business." She looked out the window.

"It was a good dream then." I nodded as I moved, grabbing her calves and placing her feet in my lap, her body pivoting to slightly be in my direction.

"Sure." She answered.

I stopped by a coffee shop.

"Same thing you always get?"

"You're leaving me in the car?" She blinked.

"You don't have to go in. If you want to that's fine." I shrugged.

"Don't leave me alone." She frowned, opening her door.

"Shut the door." I whispered.

She did.

I walked out, opening it for her as I offered my hand.

She took it, getting out.

"Sorry." She whispered about it.

"You're fine." I led her to the door as I opened it for her.

"Thank you." She smiled as she walked in.

Another two women were walking up so I held the door a bit longer before walking inside.

"You let them get in front of us." She whispered.

"You'll survive." I nodded.

I got my wallet out.

"Can I pay for this since you always buy everything else in the history of things?" She asked.

I looked at her.

"No."

"But-"

"Would it make you feel better if I gave you my card and you could pretend to pay for it?" I asked.

"Kind of." She mumbled.

I handed her my card and she smiled.

It was our turn and her hand came around my arm and held onto my forearm.

"How are you guys doing today?" The cashier asked and I watched as Kaia froze.

"We're good. Thank you." I smiled.

"Awesome! What can I get you today?" She asked.

I ordered mine and hers, also getting her a breakfast sandwich.

"Of course. That'll be $17.98." She said and Kaia tapped the card over the sensor.

It approved and she handed it back to me.

She released my arm as I walked to where the stuff is handed to you.

"Thank you." She whispered and I looked down at her.

"Of course." I nodded.

"For the food and ordering for me too." She said.

"I know."

"Don't be cocky. I'm being nice." She glared.

I smiled, patting her on the head.

"You're little attitude turns me on. I don't care and I would've done those things regardless." I faked a pout.

Her face was red.

"I don't think that's good to say. Especially where everyone could hear you." She crossed her arms.

"Grab your things, let's go." I nodded toward her coffee and sandwich that were ready.