Overreacting

Kaia Blanc

We get to the waxing place, Zion making it very clear to the receptionist that I am not to be waxed by anyone but a woman.

She complied kindly and I was in a room with a woman who had a rock on her left ring finger.

"How are you?" She smiled.

"Good, you?"

"I'm doing well, is it just the legs today?" She asked.

"Since he's not in here, I would like legs, underarms, and a Brazilian." I gave a nervous smile.

She laughed.

"That can be done."

And we talked. I openly told her my feelings about this being the first time I've gotten a Brazilian and how terrified I currently am.

She did the easy stuff first, underarms and legs.

I used to always get those done so the hair just grows in patchy now.

But now I can keep up with it.

"What made you decide to do a Brazilian?" She smiled.

"I want to go to my home country soon and visit the beach again. And I know this will last a while so I'll only have to come in for touch ups." I nodded.

"Ahh where are you from?"

And I told her. Told her about my parents, my brother, why I came here and that I am a doctor.

She told me she knew exactly who Zion Morozov was and I said I was his doctor and worked for him.

She told me it was clear as day how interested he was in me and I just hummed before asking about her husband.

She told me all about him, how they met, everything.

She spoke gently and told me to breathe through her stories because it hurt a decent amount more than I anticipated.

"And I'm done!" She smiled.

"Thank you! That was the most awkward yet least awkward thing I've ever done." I laughed.

She put this amazing cooling gel on me before rubbing lotion into my legs.

"I don't typically do this for my clients but you literally turned my day around." She laughed.

"Awe, I'm glad I could help." She helped me up and I got dressed feeling like silk.

"Time for me to break the news." I whispered and she laughed.

I walked out and he smiled at me.

We went to the desk and he stared, confused at the receptionist with the price.

"She got a leg, underarm, and brazilian, sir." She said and he looked at me, his face blank.

Then he ran his tongue over his teeth and just paid.

It's like I said I crashed his car or something.

We left and he got me into the car before he got in.

"I have a feeling it's something I'd view to be stupid that you're mad at." I whispered.

He shook his head, looking like he was just trying to rid of the irritation before he gave me a soft smile.

"Ready to go shopping?" He asked.

"Yes." I nodded.

No hand touching, no feet on lap, no hand on thigh.

He was "relaxed" but focused.

"She told me all about her husband." I tried.

He hummed, his free hand rubbing his jaw.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I thought if I did you would shut down the idea immediately."

"I would've." He nodded.

"She's a happily married, straight woman." I said.

He shrugged.

"It's not a big deal." He cleared his throat.

"It is to you."

"Why'd you get it done?"

"I want to go to France soon and to the beaches, it takes a while for the hair to come back, longer than it does when you shave so this was an easy option. I could just get bikini line touch ups after." I shrugged.

He nodded.

"You wanna go back for the same... thing?" He asked.

"Well yeah. I like this a lot better than always shaving. It makes my life a lot easier." I mumbled.

He grabbed my hands.

"Stop picking."

"I'm sorry. For not saying anything but you are a bit irrational. It wasn't a man, I respected your wishes." I said.

He just hummed.

"Zion, stop." I frowned.

"Stop what?"

"You're overreacting."

He parked and stopped the car.

"I'm not reacting at all, Kaia. You're just trying to make me feel okay so you feel less guilty. You feel bad for making me upset. I am upset. I don't like that you were completely bottomless in a room. Woman or man. That's my own personal issue. Im not saying anything rude, i'm not doing anything but listening to you. The fact that you feel guilty for pissing me off isn't my problem." He told me, and I realized I keep falling into it.

I feel bad for making him feel bad. I keep falling into his little traps.

"You like that im like that don't you?" I asked.

"Fucking love it. It's the only reason I'm not actually overreacting." He smirked but it wasn't hot it was this is what you get, this is what I deserve.

"Im gonna make you broke." I scowled.

"Try it." He shrugged.