Introduction

Kaia Blanc

I walked to where Zion sat, people speaking to him about things I didn't exactly comprehend as the conversation was both Russian and English.

The puffing of cigars created a fog around them.

I just awkwardly stood by where he was sitting.

Someone asked something in Russian and he turned, immediately smiling when he saw me.

His hand came to the back of my thigh, giving it a small squeeze.

"This is my doctor who works for me, her name is Kaia." He said in English, sitting up as he had me take a few steps forward.

His hand moved up and down the back of my right thigh.

"What kind of doctor?" A woman asked, her hand on her husbands lap.

"Trauma." I offered a kind smile.

"Ooo what's that accent? It's stunning." Another asked.

"I'm French." I said.

"Beautiful! A gorgeous language."

"Yes, thank you." I bowed my head slightly.

Zion stood, his hand moving up my thigh, grazing over my ass, onto the small of my back.

Chills. Literal butterflies and the shivers.

"Sit." He said.

"No it's alright-"

"Kaia, printsessa, sit. I'm insisting." He raised his eyebrows.

I nodded.

I sat down and he pulled a chair beside me.

The one woman smirked and said something in Russian while analyzing me.

That's... not unsettling.

He answered, folding his arms over his chest, a light smile on his face.

"Let's speak a language she can understand, she's just sitting there, cmon." The man told the woman.

"She just made a comment on how pretty you were and she knew you weren't American when she saw you. I just agreed." Zion explained.

"Why don't I believe that?" I asked.

They all laughed.

"No, I said you're fucking gorgeous and asked him if he likes you since he gave you his seat. No one sits there but him." She laughed.

I just nodded.

"Anyways, Kaia, these are some of the Russian families and some of my men. That's Kapri." He pointed at the wife and I stood as she did, giving her a handshake.

"Lovely meeting you Kaia."

"Likewise." I smiled.

"That's her husband, Ivan." He said, I saw how Zion glared at him so he bowed his head lightly in his sitting position.

"Nice meeting you." He nodded.

"You as well."

Then the people who didn't talk as much, I had some names down but not all.

"And then there's me." Alec smiled, pretending he was about to sit on Zions lap.

Zion shoved him and they both laughed.

"Well, I assume she knows then?" Kapri asked.

Alec was behind me, hands on my shoulders.

"Oh she knows." Then he said something in white washed Russian.