Nothing to Lose

Kaia Blanc

Me: I am considering agreeing however I want to meet in person and speak to you personally about deeper concerns that keep my choice indecisive.

I pulled in my scrubs and immediately got a reply.

Zion: Certainly, Ms. Blanc. I'll see you tonight at 6, I'll pick you up from work and I'll treat you to dinner. See you then.

I stared at my screen.

I had money. I was definitely comfortable.

However I couldn't fathom not having financial concerns. And I would be rich.

But I stayed up, making a list of questions I desired to ask.

And got practically no sleep.

Was that healthy for someone who preaches beauty sleep?

No.

Am I human?

Absolutely.

So I check my clock, my shift begins at 6, it's currently 5:30 on the dot which means I have time to stop for a breakfast sandwich and coffee.

-

-In French-

"Mom, no, it's a job offer and it allows me to see you freely and whenever I wish!!" I sighed.

"I know my dear but I know that last name. It's no good from what I reckon."

"I'm going to dinner with him tonight so he can answer my questions. He seems decent thus far. But I'll call you when I'm done. Be safe, I love you." I hung up.

Then it was my older brother.

"Aar-"

"My favorite girl! How are you?"

"Fine?"

"Good, good. I heard the phone call. Obviously and I have my own take mama wouldn't let me say."

"Oh yeah? What's that?"

"You only live once! Who cares if he's crazy! You have nothing to lose. But if you end up hurt I'll fucking kill someone. Anyways, have fun! Make money, see me. I love you, muah, bye." He hung up.

-In English-

I pulled my tote bag over my shoulder and went to the front where a tall man stood, hands in pockets, laxed, black button up and slacks, black curls but I didn't pay much attention to anything other than his height and that he was terribly pretty.

"Do you need anything sir?"

"Zion Morozov." He offered a hand.

Ahh.

"Kaia, nice meeting you." I shook it and he kept his head high but with an odd empty expression.

"Uhm, M-Mr. Morozov paid off Dante's medical bills." Tabatha blinked at me, taken aback and shocked.

"Thank you." Immediately slipped through my lips before I thought the intention.

He nodded.

"You ready to go?" He asked lowly, ducking to let me hear him better.

I stood 5'5 and a half. The half makes me feel better but he had to be a foot taller.

Steroids.

Granted his sister was ridiculously tall for a woman.