Rich Girl Struggles

Kaia Blanc

Alec showed up and grabbed the cash.

"Ready?" He asked me.

"I'm not done with my coffee." I mumbled.

"We can get some on the way, Angel." He gave me an encouraging nod toward the elevator.

I stood, walking toward it.

"I'm shocked you didn't choose Zak." He smiled.

"Well it'd be awkward with him and I currently am not a huge fan of Zion so I guess that leaves you." I sighed.

"I'm not quite sure I understand what Zion did to you that made you so hostile."

"Half of it is just me. I know that and it's a temporary attitude. But that was ruthless, what he did to that man. He seems so careless and quite arrogant."

"To be fair he comes off that way because you keep challenging him and trying to get your way when you knew majority of the negotiations you've made. You didn't want open toed shoes, he got you closed. You didn't have your nails done, you get a stack of money. You were told you'd be helping the Russian mafia yet your shocked when he does something like he did last night." He opened the door of the car for me.

He got in the other side.

"I know you're right. I just feel like I'm going against every morally acceptable bone in my body. I'm not sure how to help it." I sighed.

"Well, I think you should develop a relationship with Zion. Deeper than work. Develop a trust. Show him he can trust you and he will show you how you can trust him. He's not an angry man. Not in the least. He's calm, anything you may do wrong, he'll be nice about it and help you figure it out." He told me.

"How'd you know? The way you talk about him is like you really know." I said.

"I'm not Russian, obviously I have an American accent. I was part of the American Mafia growing up. They had human trafficking and all the nasty shit we are against but I was apart of that. Look where I am now, I'm his best friend and I've proved to him exactly why I want to work beside him and he's my best friend and I trust him with everything in my body." He smiled.

"How do I... get over my own little feelings?"

"Develop a relationship. Go to all the public events that especially involve the Russian families. Observe. Form your own feeling and opinions. He's never gonna scream at you and call you derogatory names, he's not abusive, he is a manipulator but uses the truth to manipulate. Truth is the best deception." He shrugged.

I nodded.

"Maybe start little by little. Tell him when you arrive to the mall. Tell him when you leave. Ask to talk to him, if you feel like apologizing, then do so. Or don't. It's all up to you." He parked and smiled at me.

"Alright."

I texted him, "at the mall" and Alec opened the door for me.

"Thank you."

-

I was SPOILED. The shoes, jewelry, dresses, pantsuits, nails.

We had to end up calling Zak because of the amount of bags.

I got silk sleepwear. I got the expensive skin care and hair care for my curls.

I got the perfumes and lotions.

I got the body highlighter to put on my shoulders and collarbones for big events.

I got lipsticks and all the makeup in the world basically.