Brats & Margaritas

Zion Morozov

The entire next 32 hours of my life were dedicated to getting her everything figured out.

I hoped to see her both in scrubs and dresses as she was visually pleasing.

I got her a key off the copy I keep and a black card.

Then I worked out her old job and she packed her things the next day that she'd bring and left whatever else.

I ordered all the furniture she chose.

Then I moved it in as she flew here.

I was picky. No one was allowed in my home but Alec, I didn't want anyone to be in her space she didn't agree to.

So I did it all myself.

I don't know why I was so eager for this, maybe because it was something new in my boring life.

Maybe because my money would go to her rather than a hospital to not rat me out to anyone.

And peoples medical bills.

But the second I got the chance, I went home and passed out having the deepest sleep of my life.

-

A knock on my office door.

"Come in."

My sister and Kaia walked in.

"She's here!" Zoe sang and I rolled my eyes, standing.

I handed her, her key, her black card.

"Everything you need and shipped here is already in the penthouse which I trust Zoe will show you to." I nodded.

"Is this your club?"

I nodded.

"When do I-"

"Go see your penthouse. Come back when you're settled and dressed in... not sweatpants. Your wardrobe has things to get you by but you can shop whenever you desire." I cut her off.

"Okay."

"Zoe, can you start the car and the AC? It's hot out. I just gotta fill Kaia in." I smiled.

"For sure." She came to me, kissing my cheek before squeezing Kaia's arm excitedly.

Then she left.

"My sister knows I have a billion dollar business. You'll learn soon who to say what to. But until then, zip." I instructed.

"I'm not a dog. You can speak to me normally. Unless the whole decent person thing was a facade." She glared at me.

I shrugged.

"It wasn't. But learn quick. You know how real shit can get, this is a tough world we live in but it's about to get tougher for you. Go to the penthouse, get ready however you chose to, get dressed nicely because you start tonight, sweetheart." She glared at me, her expression one of tiredness and fatigue.

"Welcome to New Orleans, Louisiana. You have between now and three hours to leave, after that you belong here with me." I smiled down at her exhausted face.

"Go fuck yourself." She grumbled before walking away.

I laughed and went to my desk.

-

She came back, I watched her be led inside by my security guards as she walked toward the elevator and before I prepared myself she was in my office.

My men followed her in, standing by the elevator but not blocking it in.