Senior Prom (lemon + fluff)

pyrtteshpp request

Y/N POV:

I grab my suit from my closet and pull it out, hanging it up on the hook on my door. I unzip the cover and pull the cover off. I see the suit and I smile to myself excitedly, feeling butterflies in my stomach.

I'm going to my senior prom with crush tonight. This is it.

I take my clothes off and replace them with my suit, looking at myself in the mirror nervously. I quickly straighten out the tux, checking in the mirror to make sure it isn't visible wrinkly. I grab the bowtie C/N picked out for me and I walk back out into the living room.

I watch as C/N pulls out his suit, his eyes widening when he sees me.

Why is he looking at me like that? Does he think I look bad?

"You look great, Y/N. That color really suits you. No pun intended."

I chuckle lightly at C/N's playfulness, trying not to blush at the compliment. I thank him bashfully, holding my bowtie up to my neck.

"Can you help me to put this on, C/N? I'm not sure how to."

"Yeah, of course."

C/N takes the bowtie from my hand. He wraps it around my neck, putting one end of the tie under the other & making one side go down farther than the other. He, then, pulls the longer end under the shorter end. He folds the shorter end into a bow shape, holding it in place. He puts the longer end over the center of the bow shape formed but the shorter end and folds the longer end underneath the shorter end. He pulls the longer end through the hole, putting it behind the bow shape of the shorter end. He, finally, tightens the bow and finishes tying the bowtie. (Don't worry, I'm confused too. Trust me, I was more confused writing this than you would ever believe-)

As C/N tightens the tie, I notice his focused expression. His eyebrows are furrowed ever-so-slightly, his gaze directed at the tie around my neck. His plump lips are a bit parted, his breathing soft and deep. A few stray strands of hair are in front of his eyes.

He's so beautiful.

C/N looks up at me, his eyes boring deeply into my own as I hear his breath catch. He scans over my face, his gaze lingering on my lips. After a few more seconds, I realize what we're doing. I clear my throat and turn away from him, turning my attention to C/N's suit.

"You probably should get dressed, C/N."

C/N chuckles awkwardly, nodding. I watch as he takes his suit into the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

~*teeny tiny time skip*~

I hear the bathroom door open & shut and I look up from my phone, my mouth going dry as I look C/N up and down. My heart skips a beat at his glaring beauty. He approaches me with an amused smile, his eyebrows slightly raised.

"You like what you see, Y/N?"

I swallow thickly and nod, the grin on his face widening and rendering me breathless.

"Yeah, you look great."

"Thanks."

C/N grabs his matching bowtie and ties it around his neck, a newfound pep in his step as he continues getting ready for the dance. He fixes his hair in the mirror, examining himself from different angles. I approach him from behind, giving him a gentle smile.

"Like I said, C/N, you look great. I meant that. You'll be alright. Ready to go?"

C/N nods, pulling out his car keys. He guides me out the front door of my house, leading me to his car. He opens the passenger side door and lets me in, closing it behind me. He steps into the driver's side and buckles himself in, urging me to do the same. I buckle myself in as well, watching as my house fades into the distance.