A Little Problem (angst + littlespace)

Y/N POV:

I walk into the dance studio to practice with my class in our weekly session, just ready to get the session over with. Today has been filled with minor inconveniences and frustration. I've been tired and angry all day.

I really don't want to be here, especially since C/N is here. I don't hate C/N. Our main issue is that we argue a lot. It used to be a lot worse when I first joined the class, but we've gotten much better about it. I try to avoid C/N as much as I can to reduce the risk of another argument.

My thoughts are stopped by the dance instructor's voice.

"Alright, today we're going to work on the last part of the dance. This is the section where we break off into partners. Before you all say anything, I already picked your partners. You're all adults, you can deal with it. I don't want to hear any complaints without a legitimate reason. Any questions?"

I hear the door open and see C/N stumble in, coming in late yet again.

"I deeply apologize for being late, ma'am. I overslept again."

"Just come in, C/N."

He just sits down on the bench, deciding to sit next to me for some reason. I don't say anything and just look at the teacher as she talks.

"Now that we have that out of the way, I will now assign your partners."

She takes out a paper to begin reading off our names.

"Here are the pairings, in order from stage right to stage left; Trevor & Gregory, Danni & Kim, Adam & Jorden, Y/N & C/N. Like I said, I will not be dealing with complaints without a legitimate reason. Now, get into your positions."

I use pretty much all of my mental strength and energy to keep from sighing in exasperation. I put on a calm face and stay quiet as I walk over to C/N and I's spot in the line. C/N walks over next to me and starts trying to talk to me.

"Hey Y/N."

"Yes?"

"Wow, someone's mad."

I take another deep breath so I don't create a scene.

"Did you need something, C/N?"

"Well if you're gonna react like that, I'm not gonna say anything. Nevermind."

Oh my god.

"You might as well just tell me. You already started."

"No."

"Oh my god, C/N."

"What?"

"Just tell me what you were gonna say, C/N."

"It's not important, don't worry about it."

"Well then why did you bring it up? If it's not important don't talk about it."

"There's no point in telling you about it. You're mad right now, and I'm not gonna be the one to set off the ticking time bomb."

"You already-"

"Stop it. Both of you. Don't make me send you two home for the day."

C/N and I both get quiet at the instructor's command. After we get quiet, she continues in giving directions to the dancers. She starts with the "dominant" role in the partner section of the dance. She chose C/N for this role, so I sit back and wait.

While C/N is practicing, I can see how he's trying to get my attention from my peripheral vision. I try my best to ignore him, but he keeps trying to whisper to me.