Period Comfort (fluff + angst)

Y/N POV:

I open my eyes and look out the window, seeing how it's still dark outside. In the midst of my confusion as to why I randomly woke up in the early morning, I feel my stomach start to cramp up.

Oh no.

I carefully slip out of C/N's arms and make my way to the bathroom, which is connected to our bedroom. I shut the door behind me, quickly looking through the drawers of the cabinets to search for the box of sanitary products.

Not today. Please don't start today. Please let it be a false alarm.

Once I find the box, I put it onto the counter and start taking off my clothes. I feel my heart start to beat faster with gradually building anxiety. Once I have my pants and boxers off, I look at them and see blood.

I feel my eyes start to sting with hot tears of frustration as dysphoria starts to pour in. My chest starts to tighten as I choke back sobs. I hear the bathroom door open and I glance over, seeing C/N standing in the doorway with a concerned look on his face.

"What is it, Y/N?"

Not trusting my ability to hold back my cries, I gesture to the bloodied pants and boxers that now lay on the cool bathroom floor. He looks at the clothing with a confused expression, taking a moment to process the sight. After a few seconds, he seems to understand and he looks up at me with sympathy.

"Oh baby..."

He moves next to me and runs his fingers through my hair, gently pulling my head into his chest. I promptly start loudly crying into him. I wrap my arms around him and pull him impossibly closer to me in search of comfort.

"Want me to get everything ready for you?"

I quietly sniff and nod, not feeling comfortable enough to talk. C/N softly caresses my cheek with his thumb and kisses my head. Leaving the bathroom door open, he goes into our bedroom and grabs comfy clothes for me to change into. He re-enters the bathroom and puts the outfit onto the counter next to me.

"I'm gonna grab a water bottle and the heating pad, okay? I want you to be as comfortable as possible tonight."

I nod in acknowledgement, watching him as he exits the bathroom in search of comfort items. My legs start to feel uncomfortable from standing for this long, so I sit down onto he ground with my knees to my chest. I bury my face in my legs and try to ignore the influx of negative thoughts invading my mind.

After a bit, I hear footsteps nearing the bathroom.

"Prince?"

C/N calls me by my nickname in attempts to coax me into uncovering my face. I tilt my head up to reveal the top half of my face, and he greets me with a warm smile.

"There you are. I got the water & the heating pad ready, and the pain meds are sitting next to the water bottle for when we're done with your bath."

As he's walking toward the bathtub, he stops in front of me and kisses the top of my head. He, then, walks over to the bathtub and turns on the faucet.

"Where's the bubble soap, love?"

I point to the red bottle on the shelf by the bathtub and he grabs it. He opens the bottle and pours some of the soap into the water, waving his hand around in the water to speed up the process of creating bubbles.

"Do you want me to go into the tub with you to help you wash off, or would you rather me let you stay in here alone so you'll feel less exposed?"

I think about the choices he gave me and hold up two fingers. He nods in acknowledgement and puts a towel by the tub so I can dry myself off after.

"If you need me for anything, call for me. Okay?"

I nod in agreement, signalling that it was okay for him to leave the room. Once he shuts the bathroom door, I stand up and make my way into the tub to wash myself off.

C/N POV:

I shut the bathroom door behind me, heading to the kitchen so I can gather up some snacks for Y/N to eat while we cuddle and watch TV.

When I get into the kitchen, I open the pantry door and look around. I decide to grab his favorite kind of chocolate, popcorn, and a granola bar.

I find a basket and put it on the kitchen counter. I put the different snacks into the basket, finding other comfort items from around the house to put into his period comfort basket.

I hope he likes this.

I put the basket onto the nightstand on his side of our bed and turn on the TV. I look around the bed for the remote, finding it and putting it next to the basket so Y/N can watch what he wants. I, then, make the bed and plug the heating pad in so it will be warmed up by the time he is finished with his bath.

I take a step back and examine what I made, smiling to myself in satisfaction as I wait for Y/N to get out of the bath.

Y/N POV:

After I finish rinsing off my body, I unplug the tub to let the water drain. I stand up and grab the towel, quickly trying to dry myself off and change into the clothes C/N picked for me.

Once I'm changed, I grab a few of the pain pills and take a drink of the water bottle, swallowing the pills. I put the pill bottle back into the medicine cabinet and walk into the bedroom.

When I look around the room, I see my fiance sitting on a freshly-made bed. There's a basket of some of my favorite snacks on the nightstand next to the bed, and he has the TV turned on.

"There you are, baby. Wanna come cuddle and watch TV with me? You can pick what we watch."

My eyes start welling up with happy tears at the words. I wipe my eyes and walk over to C/N, climbing onto the bed and hugging him tightly.

"Are you alright? Was this not a good idea? I'm sorry if I upset you."

Since I still can't talk, I quickly shake my head and hug him tighter. I bury my face in his neck, smiling against his neck. Seeing my joy and gratitude, he sighs in relief and hug me back tightly.

"I'm so glad you like it. The TV remote is next to your basket, if you want to pick what we watch."

I nod and grab the remote, putting on C/N and I's favorite movie.

~*time skip*~

C/N POV:

By the time the movie ends, the sun is starting to rise in the sky. I notice this and see Y/N finally sleeping. After a bit of thinking, I decide to call him in from work so he can spend the day resting and relaxing, rather than worrying about satisfying Karens and rude coworkers.

I find his manager's phone number and call it, waiting a few seconds before I hear the click.

"Y/N? What's going on? Why aren't you here yet?"

"Hey, this is Y/N's fiance. He won't be coming in to work today. He couldn't sleep last night, and he finally fell asleep a bit after I woke up."

"Oh, that's not good. I'll find someone to cover his shift today. Tell him I hope he gets better soon."

"Of course. Goodbye."

"Bye."

Y/N's manager ends the phone call, and I put Y/N's phone onto the charger. I cover Y/N & I with blankets and wrap an arm around his waist, cuddling him from behind. I softly kiss the back of his head, making sure it's gentle enough that he doesn't wake up.

"Goodnight, prince."

I whisper into his ear in the quietest voice I can make. I, then, bury my face into his neck, finally drifting off to sleep with my fiance in my arms.

A/N: I finally made something specifically for trans guys :) I've been meaning to for a while, but I didn't know what to make. I hope this is good!