Dark (fluff)

ar1xisu request

Y/N POV:

I sigh and look through the classroom window, examining the courtyard outside. The sunlight shines on the trees, giving their leaves a dull shine. The foliage leaves a shadow around the base of the plant, giving a cool spot for those who rest beneath. The wind rustles the leaves, making a faint sound that is inaudible from the confines of the classroom. The bright, liberating energy of the outside is the complete opposite of that of the school.

The hallways and classroom are filled with an overwhelming amount of dark energy & spirits. The atmosphere is suffocating and crowded. Students talk amongst themselves, blissfully unaware of the formerly living beings surrounding them.

This school is so haunted.

I turn my attention back to my textbook, looking through the page until I feel the presence of five of my friends approaching me.

"Hey, Y/N, you wanna go out to karaoke tonight? It's Friday."

"They added some new songs to their system recently."

Well, my boss gave me a day off from the bakery today, so I don't have anything to do tonight.

"Okay."

One of the guys speaks up, looking at (friend) and (other friend).

"Hey, did once of you manage to ask C/N?"

The girls both shake their heads timidly, (friend) glancing around and looking back at (other friend) & (best friend).

"He seemed grumpy, and he's scary when he's grumpy."

Oh lovely.

(Other friend) nods.

"Hot, but still scary."

(Friend) nods back, agreeing with (other friend) with a giggle. The guys sigh and shake their heads in disbelief. C/N comes up behind us, pouting at all of us.

"Hey, I'm right here!"

C/N shakes his head and storms off, leaving us all nervous. I finally speak up, muttering shakily.

"I'll go ask him."

My friends all give me various praises for my volunteering, calling me things such as brave and kind. I shrug off the praise, being too nervous to really process the words. I stand up from my desk and follow the path of dark energy, knowing the energy is coming from C/N.

Of course he's grumpy today. His constant dark energy doesn't help much with his bad mood, either. Hopefully he'll calm down when I talk to him. I'm really nervous, though.

I exit the school and enter the courtyard, my eyes locking on C/N. He's sitting next to the fountain, an irritated scowl on his face. His jaw is clenched and his hands are curled into fists. His legs are slightly spread apart as he leans back, looking up at the sky.

(Other friend) was right. C/N is hot when he's grumpy. Wait, I need to focus.

I sit next to C/N, hesitantly placing my hand over his fist. C/N perks up, turning to face me & seeming to slightly relax at my touch. I pout and look away, feeling embarrassed now that he caught me.

"What're you doing, Y/N?"

C/N now sounds calmer than when he was in the classroom, his body much less tense and his body language now relaxed. He unclenches his fists, turning his palm face-up and interlocking his fingers with mine. I blush brightly, still not looking at C/N out of embarrassment.

"I'm holding your hand. Isn't it obvious?"

I can hear the smug smirk in C/N's voice as he speaks, taunting me.

"You like me, don't you?"

My blush gets stronger at his accurate conclusion, my tone of voice getting more defensive.

"Shut up before I pull your hair out."

C/N chuckles lightly, using his finger to turn my head to face him. He gives me one of his painfully adorable smiles before leaning in and giving me a gentle peck on the lips. My jaw drops from shock, my eyes slightly widening. My heart pounds in my chest, my palms getting sweaty from nerves.

After a moment of sitting there, speechless, I turn away from C/N once again, crossing my arms and pouting to try and mask my embarrassment & flusteredness.

"I didn't come here for you to eat my face. Do you want to go to karaoke with the others?"

C/N laughs quietly at my quiet murmuring.

"Sure."

I look at him again, my heart fluttering when I see his smile.

That damn smile.

C/N leans in and gives me another pack on the cheek, giggling afterward. I blush again, masking my blush by pouting. He grabs my hands and interlocks his fingers with mine, pulling me closer. He lets go of my hands and wraps his arms around me, pressing his grin against the skin of my neck.

A/N: This is super short, but hopefully this makes up for the overwhelming angst from "Deep Breaths".