Fun in the Kitchen (lime)

Y/N POV:

Today's the first day of school, and my next class is my foods class. I have no clue how to do anything in the kitchen. I have no experience cooking. I only signed up for this class because I wanted to try something new. Big mistake. My anxiety is spiking big time as I'm on my way to the foods class.

What if I blow something up?
What if I burn the food?
What if I piss the teacher off on the first day and she starts going hard on me from day one?
What if I accidentally mix up sugar and salt in a recipe?
What if—

The loud thump of my back hitting the wall roused me from my thoughts.

"Watch where you're going. You almost got ran over."

I looked up tentatively to see that it was him.
The guy who was always looking at me like I did something. He always seems like something is on his mind. I just want to figure out what he's thinking. Nobody really talks to him or knows anything about him. He always looks so intense and reserved. I'll bet he's super nice though. He doesn't seem like the type to like being isolated for too long.

Wait, I need to get to class. Pay attention Y/N!

I hurry on to class and sit in my seat just as the bell rings.

Whew. That was close. Don't want to give a bad impression on the first day.

I look around and see the nearby group of kids looking at me and giggling amongst themselves.

Ugh. Here we go again.

I try my best to ignore them, just like every year.

"Why if it isn't short stack? You have some balls coming back here after last year, I'll give you that."

He flips me off and laughs to his friends. I'm about to snap.

"How about you shove that middle finger up your—"

"Hello class, sorry I'm late! Traffic was a mess."

The teacher walks in. Those dumbasses are lucky.

C/N POV:
This guy needs to watch his mouth. He almost got in trouble. And on the first day? That would have been embarrassing for him.

These damn idiots keep trying to test this guy like they don't know why he's here instead of where he came from. They have some balls I'll say.

"This kid keeps acting like he's all intimidating. It's so dumb."

"I know. He's not fooling anyone."

"He's just making his own reputation worse with every word he says. Not to mention that outfit looks dreadful."

Why do the other kids keep talking about him like that? He didn't do anything to them. Did he?

Y/N POV: I

"Okay class, so everyone needs to pick a partner for our first assignment."

Shit. I hate partner assignments. I always just end up being put with the teacher since these kids avoid me like COVID-19. I would say the plague but even reactions to that aren't as extreme as this. I look around and see most of the other kids snickering at me and partnering up with their best friends.

"Okay, now someone needs to partner up with Y/N. Anyone?"

C/N POV:

Everyone is looking at Y/N like he's stupid. Man, I almost feel bad for the kid. Without thinking, I raise my hand.