Glory, pt. 1 (lime + lemon + fluff)

A/N: this whole story is loosely religion-based. If that triggers you (due to religious trauma or something similar), I would not recommend reading this story. There will be a part two to this story since it is very long.

Y/N POV:

My mother and I walk into the church, soaking wet from the pouring rain outside. I immediately look for C/N in the sea of people that is crowded in the sanctuary. I weave between people, not even receiving a glance from the people I was pushing past. As I'm searching, I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and see C/N.

"C/N! There you are! Hi!"

"Hey, Y/N. You wanna hang out outside in the old shed? I know it's loud in here."

I nod my head yes. He holds out his hand for me to take, and I smile to myself as I grab it.

He pulls me out the door and to this small shed-like building that is never used. By the time I get there, I'm sweating and breathing heavily. I look over at him and he doesn't seem to be fazed at all.

"How are you not exhausted after running that far? I'm sweating buckets."

"I've always had high endurance. It's something that comes with being a wrestler at school."

I nod along with his response and slide down the wall of the shed until I'm sitting down. C/N plops down next to me and turns to face me.

"Hey Y/N?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you wanna play a game with me?"

I nod, smiling as I get excited.

"Yeah, just like when we were kids! What game is it, C/N? Hide and seek, charades, what?"

I hear him chuckle & mutter something under his breath and see a smile form on his face.

"How about truth or dare?"

I tilt my head to the side and get a confused look on my face.

"I've never heard of that one. What's that, C/N? It sounds fun."

"Wait, you've really never heard of it?"

I shake my head no and look at him for him to tell me the rules of the game.

"Okay. Basically, one of us asks the other, 'truth or dare?' And the other one has to pick between the two. If you pick truth, the first one asks you a question and you have to answer honestly."

"Alright. What happens if we pick dare, C/N?"

"If you pick dare, you have to do whatever the first person tells you. It can be anything, within reason."

The smile stays on my face as I'm nodding along to what he says.

"You wanna go first, Y/N?"

"I've never played before, so I think you should ask first."

"Okay. Truth or dare, Y/N?"

"Hmmmm... I'll start off with truth. I'll do a dare later."

"Have you ever gotten a crush on anyone before?"

I shrug and look at C/N.

"I'm not sure. I don't know what it feels like. How can I tell?"

"Hmmmm... have you ever thought of anybody specific and gotten a weird feeling in your gut?"

"Kinda like I'm about to throw up, but I know I'm not?"

He nods to me and slightly smiles to himself.