Divide (angst + fluff)

latteking254 request

Y/N POV:

I take a breath and stop myself from pacing around my room, my heart pounding from nerves.

What if they don't accept?

What if they kick me out?

What if they disown me?

What if they make fun of me and make me feel embarrassed?

What if-

No. I need to stop with the what ifs andget this over with. They're going to find out at some point, so it might as well be on my own terms.

I wipe the sweat off of my palms and onto my shirt, hesitantly turning my doorknob to open my bedroom door. I step out of my room with wobbly legs, trying the best I can to look normal. I lean on the handrail of the stairs as I step down them quietly.

I enter the kitchen sheepishly, my mind racing with how on Earth I'm going to start this conversation.

"Hey, Y/N. There you are. Do you want some scrambled egg whites? The chef just made some a few minutes ago."

"No thanks, Mom. I-"

"Maybe you can have some yogurt, then? We just got a few new six-packs of Chobani."

I shake my head again, putting on a fake smile since I got interrupted by my mother, like normal.

"No thanks. I-"

"Maybe you could try these new Dekopon Citrus fruits. They're only, like, $80 for a pack of six. Want one?"

Only?

I shake my head for a third time, trying to keep my cool despite the fact that (older bother) interrupted me

"No thank you, also. That's not what I came down here for."

All four of the others turn to me, giving me their full attention. I swallow nervously, forcing myself to continue.

"I have an announcement."

Everyone continues looking at me, waiting for me to continue.

"I'm gay, and I have a boyfriend."

Everyone stays congratulating me, surrounding me with hugs and smiles. Well, everyone except Dad.

Oh no.

"You have a boyfriend, you say, Y/N?"

I nod, waiting for him to finish what he's going to say as I try not to show my complete and utter panic.

"Is there any way we could meet him? I want to make sure he's good enough for you."

That was a lot better than I thought would happen, but this is still annoying.

"Dad, I'm sure he's more than good enough."

"I want to make sure, though. I really care about you, and I want to ensure that you'll be properly cared for if you both decide to go off together later on in life."

I guess he has a point.

"I'll see what I can do."

Everyone else goes back to what they were doing, and I go back up to my room to message C/N.

Me: hey baby.

C/N 💚: how did it go with your family?

Me: thankfully, they accept.