Story Time (littlespace + fluff)

Y/N POV:

Carmen jumps around excitedly, watching the TV as it plays Mickey Mouse on full blast.

"It's right there!"

"You're right, it's right there! Good job, everyone!"

Carmen squeals happily, wiggling around.

"Five more minutes until nap time, okay, Carmen?"

"Okay, Uncle C/N."

I look at C/N with admiration, smiling warmly.

I love this man so much.

"Can you go ahead and put her cup in the fridge, Y/N? I think she's gonna be occupied for a while and won't need it."

I nod, standing up from my seat. I reach down to grab Carmen's cup, carrying it into the kitchen. I open the fridge door and search through it, eventually finding an empty spot and placing it there. I close the fridge, turning away from the fridge and taking a breath.

It's fine. Don't slip. Just don't focus on anything C/N or Carmen may be doing while Carmen is awake. I can do this.

After giving myself that mental pep talk, I return to the living room and sit down next to my boyfriend. He wraps his arm around me, kissing my cheek.

"It's time to put Carmen down for her nap. Apparently she's good about this, so it shouldn't be too bad."

I nod in understanding, watching Carmen's last moments of playing before nap time. I check the time on my phone, trying to occupy myself until we lay her down for her nap.

4:29 pm.

"Hey Carmen?"

Carmen turns to face C/N curiously, still smiling.

"It's time for your nap now."

Carmen looks a bit disappointed for a moment, nodding and grabbing her giraffe stuffie from the floor. C/N, Carmen, and I go up the stairs and into Carmen's room, helping Carmen up into her bed.

"Goodnight, Carmen."

Before C/N and I can leave, Carmen speaks up.

"Uncle C/N? Uncle Y/N?"

We both turn to her at the same time, giving her our attention.

"Can you read me a story before I fall asleep, please?"

C/N smiles and nods.

Oh no.

"Sure, we can. What story do you want?"

"Can you please read 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar'? It's one of my favorites."

C/N nods again, searching through her bookshelf until he finds the book. He pulls it out and turns to the first page, clearing his throat.

"In the light of the moon, a little egg lay on a leaf. One Sunday morning the warm sun came up and - pop! - out of the egg came a tiny and very hungry caterpillar."

Carmen giggles at the 'pop' sound C/N made, listening intently to the story as C/N turns the page.

"He started to look for some food. On Monday he ate through one apple. But he was still hungry."

C/N puts up one finger, showing Carmen.

"He started to look for some food. On Tuesday he ate through two pears. But he was still hungry."

C/N puts up two fingers before turning the page again.

He's a really good story teller.

"He started to look for some food. On Wednesday he ate through three plums. But he was still hungry."