Cliff, pt. 1 (angst + slight fluff)

A/N: There will be a possibly triggering event during the story. The beginning and end of the triggering event will be labeled with ⚠️ emojis around it. That being said, enjoy!

C/N POV:

I happily stride into the classroom, excited to talk to my friends and not pay attention to the professor at all. I look around and notice that the projector screen isn't pulled down and the white board is plain. It's only then when I remember what today is.

The field trip.

I sigh to myself and sit in my chair, waiting for the professor to arrive. A few moments after I decide to waste time on my phone, I feel someone walking past me. I look up and see who it was, only to see that it's Y/N.

Y/N looks me up and down with an expression that almost seems like disgust. I roll my eyes and look back at my phone. I hear Y/N scoff at me as he approached his friends.

I can't even open my phone again before I hear loud clapping right in front of my face. I nearly jump six feet in the air and yelp in surprise. I clasp my hands together in attempts to not throw my phone out of my hands and onto the floor. My eyes turn up and lock with the eyes of the professor, who seems to have just arrived.

"Mr. (C/N's last name)."

"Yes, sir?"

"Phone away, now. Pay attention."

I nod and put my phone in my jacket pocket. The professor slowly walks toward the front of the room, clearing his throat before beginning to speak.

3RD PERSON POV:

"As you all know, we are going to be taking the bus to the Grand Canyon today."

The whole class groans at the idea, causing the professor to sigh deeply and continue his speech to the class.

"Now, before you ask, I am picking seat partners for the trip. There will be no questions or complaints. Understood?"

The class groans again, more loudly this time to show that they highly dislike the idea.

"I already picked partners last night, so I will read them off to you."

He clears his throat again before beginning to read off the names. C/N stares at the wall, totally uninterested at this point. That is, until he hears his name and Y/N's in the same sentence. C/N shoots a glance over at the professor with wide eyes.

"I can't be paired with him!"

"And why is that, C/N?"

"He'll keep trying to talk to me and make me mad so that I'll get in trouble. He always does that."

"Oh is that so?"

Y/N stands up from his chair and gives C/N a look of disbelief.

"I do not, C/N! You do that to me all the time!"

"No I don't!"

"Yes you do!"

The rest of the class just sits back in annoyance and waits for yet another argument between Y/N and C/N to be over. A few more rounds of, 'no I don't!' and 'yes you do!' go around before the professor stops their bickering, already dreading the long day ahead.

"Shut it, both of you. There will be no changing seats. All I ask is that you two at least attempt to not murder each other today. We can't afford to get blood stains cleaned from the seats and the floor."

The rivals huff and mumble a 'fine' before plopping back into their chairs.

The professor continues reading the names of the partners until he gets to the bottom of the list. He puts the list into his bag and ushers everyone out the door and toward the large bus parked outside. The students pair up with their partners and sit in their assigned seats for the trip.