Royal Escape (fluff + lemon + angst) [100k reads special]

Y/N POV:

I comb my fingers through my hair, making sure I wash out every bubble and sud as I rinse my hair underneath the showerhead. I quietly hum a song to myself, taking in this brief moment of peace and quiet while I have it.

This is one of the only times I don't constantly have guards and security on my ass. It's so quiet. I love it.

I, soon, finish rinsing the shampoo out of my hair and move on to conditioner. I open the bottle and pour a little bit in my hand, rubbing my hands together to spread the conditioner around on my hand. I start covering my hair with the conditioner, carding my fingers through my hair.

As I'm conditioning my hair, my mind wanders to C/N for the umpteenth time today.

I wonder when he'll come to see me again. Last time he visited, he said he'd be busy for a bit and wouldn't have the time to visit me for a while. I miss him.

I quietly sigh to myself at the thought, finishing rinsing the conditioner out of my hair. I look around for the body wash and grab it. I put some onto my hands, spreading it around like lotion.

This is C/N's favorite body wash.

I slowly rub my hands around my body, cleaning various parts of my body. As I begin to do so, the thought of C/N pops into my head again.

Imagine if these were C/N's hands instead of my own...

My heart starts racing at the thought, my breath hitching as I resist the urge to let my imagination go further.

No, I can't do that. Not without C/N here. That's against the rules.

I slightly shake my head to get rid of the horny thoughts, focusing on finishing my shower so I can go to sleep.

Once the body wash is off, I turn the shower water off. Now that the water is turned off, my skin starts to get cold. I quickly start shivering as I rush out of the shower. I glance around the bathroom until I spot my towel on the counter next to the sink. I grab the towel and wrap it around my body, sighing in relief as I make my way to my bedroom.

I open my bedroom door, only to find my room pitch dark.

I don't remember turning the lights off before showering. Strange.

I turn the lights on and look around the room for the clean night clothes I set out for me to change into after my shower. I take a few steps further into my room, closing the door behind me. As I begin looking around for my night clothes again, I notice a strange lump on my bed.

One of the maids must have tripped when they made my bed today. Oh, well.

I slightly shrug, finding my night clothes on the floor next to my bed. I quietly make my way over to the pile of clothes on the floor, picking it up. I, then, place the clothes onto my nightstand and take my towel off.

Before I can put my shirt on, I feel a pair of hands wrap around my waist. I gasp loudly in shock, jumping away from the touch and looking for the source. C/N starts laughing and affectionately wraps his arms around me, burying his face in my neck.

"You know not to scare me like that, C/N."

"I know. I'm sorry, baby. I thought it would be funny."

A pout makes its way onto my face as he continues hugging me and laughing at my misery.

"Here. What can I do to make you feel better, Y/N?"

"...Cuddles?"

C/N smiles against my skin as he nods, picking me up and laying me on my bed. He snuggles up behind me, nuzzling his face into the crook of my neck once again. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer to him. A soft blush dusts my cheeks at the show of strength.