part 60

"you may kiss the bride" the officiant said

Without hesitation, Heng cupped Irene's cheeks into a kiss. It got me so emotional. I looked at Freen who was equally looking at me. She gave me air kisses that made me smile shyly.

"I love you" she mouthed and I smiled again.

Everybody was screaming out of excitement as Heng and Irene have been pronounced husband and wife. In a few months, I and Freen will also be pronounced wife and wife and it gives me butterflies in my tummy anytime I think about it.

We headed to the reception hall and the celebration kicked off. Heng's parents are also here. I finally got to stay with Nam's baby. She's as cute and beautiful as the mum. The dad handed her over to me when he wanted to dance with his wife, Nam.

Freen has been looking at me without blinking from the corner. Her gaze still feels like the first time we met. I keep smiling from ear to ear at her until she decided to approach me.

"My sunshine likes you" she said and tried to carry the baby from me but Nam's baby started crying.

"Traitor" she mumbled.

"Why that?" I asked surprisedly.

"We have known each other ever since she was formed. Ever since she was tiny in the womb. But now just because you're the one holding her, she won't let me carry her again" she said folding her arms and glaring at the baby.

"Aw_aw, stop it. She's innocent to think that way" I said rubbing her hand to stop sulking.

Not long after, Freen started playing with the baby but she still refuses Freen to carry her anytime she wants to. Freen didn't mind anymore, she just let her stay on my laps while they play together.

"I want a baby girl" Freen said out of nowhere.

My heart started racing. She's now looking at me in the eyes. I equally want a baby girl. And I can't believe I'll be having one with Freen.

The party was going well, guests started meeting Heng one after the other. Everywhere became quiet when Heng's ex walked in. Has she come to make trouble? Who let her inside the hall? Was she invited? I looked at Irene to check her reaction but she was calm. I really have a lot to learn from Irene. Her ability to remain calm in situation like this is worth emulating. Freen wanted to walk to the lady but I held her back. If the couples haven't said anything yet, then she shouldn't.

"I came to see for myself" she said tearing up.

"Who let you in?" Heng asked getting annoyed.

"I am not here to make trouble" She stated.

"I am only here to congratulate you" she added and then dropped an envelope on Heng's desk and ran out of the hall.

Heng opened the envelope and got weak instantly. Freen grabbed the envelope from Heng and checked to see what inside. She looks pissed off as well.

"The nerve of that woman..." Freen said clenching her fist.

Kate and Nam went to them and started calming Freen down because she looks really upset right now. Heng turned to Irene who is now dead worried and smiled at her.

"It's nothing to be worried about everyone. Everything is still fine. Let's continue our celebration " Nam announced. That eased the tension of everyone. We all let out a sigh and went back to having fun.

Heng's parents also can be seen worried as why his ex wife came. But Freen walked to them and explained to them. They became relaxed after that and the celebration continued.