part 16

Heng dropped us at home. After we thanked him. Irene helped me into the house. Immediately I saw my Grandma, I fell into her arms and cried my soul out. Irene already told her what happened. I know Irene already figured I wasn't crying because of my ankle anymore but she didn't want to pressurize me into telling her what happened between Freen and I. She wants me to talk when I'm ready to.

Two days after the incident. Some of my colleagues called to wish me quick recovery. My parents kept calling every time to check up on me. Even Nam called as if she was in a better position to ask how I'm doing, but guess who didn't?You're right. Freen didn't. I kept checking my phone everytime.

"She never gave me a phone call before, so probably she doesn't have my contact. Besides Nam's situation is already a handful for a busy woman like her" I keep making excuses for her.

I looked up to see my Grandma looking at me worriedly.

"You have not touched your food yet Baby. Is your appetite still bad? Do we need to talk to the doctor?" She said but I didn't say anything as I was holding back my tears.

"Baby I'm worried about you. What is the problem? It doesn't seem like it's just your ankle anymore. Did something happen at the hospital?" She asked.

I looked at her to meet her worried face. That made me burst out crying.

"Shhhhh, baby don't cry". She came to me and hugged me

"You know you can tell me anything" she added.

"Grandma, I got rejected" I cried to her. This time, she held me tighter than before.

"I'm in pain. My heart is aching too much" I sobbed.

"Of course it will ache. It hurts to get rejected. It hurts when someone we love doesn't love us same way. But I'm so proud of you baby girl" she said and raised my head up.

"I'm so proud of you for being courageous enough to say how you feel" she added drying my tears.

"What am I supposed to do with the pain I feel inside" I asked.

"Nothing. You just have to bear the pain through out the healing process." My tears wasn't flowing anymore but I was hiccuping.

"Here have some water" she offered.

"I'm not thirsty"

"It will help calm you down" she said still handing me the glass of water. I took it from her. She hugged me until I felt better and started eating.

.......................................................

It's been almost a week, Freen never called for once nor texted me. I must confess that each day that passed by I thought and imagined she would come to see me since she knows where I stay but she never did.

Meanwhile Kate never skips to call me every morning and night to check up on me. She doesn't skip delivering milk tea and other snacks to me every morning as well, making me wonder how sweet a person can be.

That day I decided to let go of everything I feel for her. Even though it's difficult. I'll try my best to be happy on my own.

I took permission from Grandma to hang out with Irene in evening. After hesitation she finally gave in. I know she's just worried about me. The pain has reduced but I'm still using the crunches until my ankle is strong again.

The cab dropped us in the garden. We sat on a chair watching people, friends, families, couples having a good time with each other. Irene held my hand and I looked at her. I know she wanted to say something. She's already feeling sad about my condition. This is exactly what she tried to prevent. She warned me continuously about my Boss but I was blinded by love.