part 54

Gosh why did she do that? Does she not want to marry Heng? I thought she loves Heng? I ran to her and grabbed her by the arm.

"What is it Irene? Why did you run off like that?" I asked.

"Heng is crazy! Who proposes in a club?" She said.

Oh so it's because he chose the wrong place to do that not because she doesn't want to marry him. But for him he thinks it's romantic to propose in a club.

"Irene you shouldn't have run off like that. You made it look like you rejected him." I said.

Gosh even Freen got to see that. Considering that she never believed in love. Hope that won't affect our relationship. If anything happens to us, to our relationship, I can't survive it.

"Just wait here, I'm sure Heng will be here in a minute. You should explain why you did that" I said calming her down.

"I don't know whether getting married to him is a good idea" she said.

"Why did you say that?" I asked

"He has everything. I'm just a commoner who works in a restaurant. I heard getting married into a rich family from a poor background is hard. Probably that's why his first marriage failed" she said almost in tears.

I didn't know Irene also has complex issues like me. But if we are good to date them, we should also be good to marry them. I held her hand making her look into my eyes.

"Irene, do you think Heng is not good for you?" I asked.

"He's the best man I have ever met..."

"Then don't do what you will regret later. If you love him and you know he is good for you, you should marry him right away" I said smiling.

"Irene?" I can hear Heng call from behind. I turned. He's with his friends. I moved away from Irene so he can go to her.

"I am sorry if. .."

Before he could finish, Irene ran to him and kissed him really hard.

"I am sorry I ran off that way. I was only shocked. Yes I will marry you Heng. I love you so much. I want to spend the rest of my life with you" she said and hugged him tightly.

Everyone started clapping and cheering for them. But Freen was not clapping. She was also keeping a straight face. Isn't she happy for them? Heng put the ring on her finger and they kissed again.

"Now let the party begin! To the VIP" Heng shouted

And we all went inside to the VIP room upstairs. We sat down on the sofa there. Freen is sitting opposite me, looking at me as if she's trying to read my mood. I am happy, I am happy for Irene. If only Freen can propose to me. I don't mind where or how she wishes to do that, I just want a ring from her on my finger.

In no time, Men with only pants came in to the room dancing sensually, I think they are strippers. They went straight to Nam and Kate dancing seductively around them. I was feeding my eyes when a group of ladies came in also. They have no bra on, they only wear underwear that are so revealing. My eyes widened as two of the ladies started running their hands on me, dancing sensually around me. Heng gave me some bundles of money to spray at them. I looked at Freen to know her reaction but she seems so comfortable with what the other ladies are doing to her. Well I'm not. No one should touch me and no one should touch Freen either.

...........................................................

Irene ran out of the hall leaving Heng still kneeling. Gosh this is so embarrassing. This is why I hate marriage proposal. the embarrassment that comes with rejection. I looked at Nam and Kate who are both looking at me. As if they know what is in my mind. They helped Heng up and we went out to the other side of the building.