part 53

I got home from the office. I met my mum and brother in the living room. My grandma isn't with them and Irene isn't back from work. My mum smiled at me immediately she saw me. They look happy. Did something happen?

"We just finished speaking with your dad" my mum said.

"Is he alright?" I asked worriedly.

"He is very good. He made the last deposit of the loan this afternoon" she said.

I ran to her out of excitement. She hugged me tightly and we started sobbing.

"Let's have a group hug then" Richie said stretching his arms to hug us. After a while we parted. My mum held my hand and rubs her thumbs on it.

"You have contributed greatly into clearing these huge debt. You have been a good daughter and also a helper. All these time you started work, you were working for us. You never had the opportunity to live as you wish." She said crying.

"We have cleared the debts. Our house in England is safe now. It is time to start living your life." She said drying my tears.

"I know you want to have your own house, own a car, and live like other models do. You couldn't do it all these while because you wanted to clear the debts first. But now I want you to live your life. I am so proud of you my baby girl" she said. I fell into her arms again and started sobbing.

Some of my colleagues own their own personal cars. Some own their own houses but I had none because all my money was going into repaying huge debts. But we are free now. I can now get the things I want and one of them is owning a house. My phone started vibrating bringing me out of my thoughts. I excused them and got into my room to take that.

"Hello Becky, how are you doing?" Kate asked over the phone.

"I am good. Is everything okay?" I asked

"Everything is fine. We want to throw a surprise party for Freen tomorrow just incase you have a personal plan with her." She said.

"Surprise party? Why?" I asked surprisedly.

"You don't know?" She asked.

"Know what?"

Why am I always like a stranger when it comes to things concerning Freen? Aside from being a stranger I feel like I'm always the last to know.

"Tomorrow is her birthday Becky!" She yelled.

I became silent. She never told me. I feel so sad right now. There are things I still don't know about her. Anytime I tried asking, she becomes moody. I want to be everything for her but it's like she doesn't want me that way.

"Don't tell me you didn't know?" She asked.

"Uhm. Not that. I only forgot" I lied.

"It's good that you have no personal plan with her. So you have to help us." she said and I agreed.

Helping them to surprise Freen is so easy but I need to know if there will be much crowd since Freen doesn't seem to like crowded places especially after the fire incident. I asked Kate but she said it's going to be a group gathering. And it will be at Freen's house. I just need to keep her outside until everything is set.

.......................

I am in the room getting changed into the birthday outfit they forced me to wear. Becky just stepped out some minutes ago. A knock was heard and I thought it was Becky.

"Come in!" I said.

Oh it's Nam. She has always loved to party. Even when she has a baby to take care of. She would prefer to leave the baby at home and go out. She sat on the bed as she watches me get dressed. After a while she got up to help me with my zip and went back thereafter.