part 43

Mr. Aon dropped me at the event venue. I walked into the hall. We are launching our new designs today. My dress isn't one of the ones we'll be launching, therefore, I won't be on stage. People kept asking about my outfit and always end up surprised when I tell them whose design it is. Of course that's why I was employed. To wear new designs to occasions. I walked to an empty chair and sat down. I can equally see Freen greeting her guests and business partners.

There have been some changes in her behavior ever since that Nita incidence. It's been two weeks already and I'm still at her place. I will be going back to my family tomorrow but Freen has slightly changed towards me. She never entered my room nor asked me to sleep at hers. She talks to me casually and not as a lover. Is she still mad at me?

Plus, She didn't sleep at home the day we went to welcome Nam's baby, she called Mr. Aon to take me home from Nam's place instead, and drove to God knows where. I have always wanted to ask her where she passed the night but don't have the courage to do so.

When I spoke to Kate about it, she told me not to talk to Freen about it because she hates it and that's the reason why she doesn't want to be committed to someone. Does it mean she's seeing someone else? It's true we haven't really defined what we are. I see her as my girlfriend already but maybe she just sees me as the other woman.

I sat quietly as I watch her. It feels like the first time I met her at the welcome party but my heart is hurting. This beautiful woman isn't the person I used to know. Did I really hurt her by meeting up with Nita after she asked me not to? I have apologized severally over this. What else does she want me to do? Why is she punishing me this way? I was in my thoughts when someone interrupted me.

"Hello pretty.?" He said. I turned to meet a tall and handsome young man.

"My name is Chan" he continued.

"Hello. Nice to meet you Mr. Chan" I answered.

"You must be one of our new models" he said smiling.

"Yes. I'm Miss Armstrong" I said taking his hand for a handshake.

"FSC corporation has a good taste in taking in models. You're indeed an angel." He said.

"Ehh.. uhm. Thanks" I stuttered. I'm always uncomfortable when people I don't know compliment me this way.

"No you don't have to thank me. I should be the one thanking God for blessing me with a sweet beautiful girl like you today" he said.

Now I'm completely confused. Did he say bless? Like what does he mean by that? Should I be overthinking this?

"Mr. Chan you shouldn't be flirting with my model. That's not why we are here" a familiar voice spoke behind us.

We turned immediately. That's Freen. She's glaring at Mr. Chan with her two arms folded. Mr. Chan looks nervous now and he quickly moved an inch from me.

"I'm ... I'm sorry Miss Sarocha." He said bowing.

"I would disappear from here if I were you" she said looking at him in the eyes. Mr. Chan immediately left to the other side of the hall.

"Men" Freen said letting out a sigh.

She then turned to look at me. I wish I can hug her right now. I want to hug her. I have missed being in her arms but she's still angry with me and I am scared of getting her more angry.

"You shouldn't let people talk to you in that way if it makes you uncomfortable." she said looking at me in the eyes.

"Thank you" I mouthed and she just nodded.

For some minutes I was looking at her. But not once did she turn to look back at me. It breaks my heart the more. Maybe I've lost her. She excused herself when she saw new guest entering into the hall. I just sat watching her from my seat as she keeps welcoming and introducing herself to the guests.