XXVII - Fling

~ ~ ~

"Princess Vivienne is here?"

"The King's guards are here so she's allowed to visit."

My attention gets caught up in hearing familiar footsteps.

The heels of Saffron.

"I'm assuming you told her." She turns to Lealani who nods. She faces me with a blunt look. "You're happy with Nicholas right?" She asks, I nod. She gives me a faint smile, looking to the side.

"What?" I ask.

Lea and Saffron share looks, as if I wasn't right in front of them. Saffron takes a moment to look through her purse, her specialized school bag. Pulling out a small fancy hip flask.

"You're going to need this." She takes off the lid and passes it over to me.

I look at her momentarily, confused. Eyeing the flask in her hand.

"Trust me." She insisted. I grabbed the flask before taking a fair sip of the alcoholic substance. "I've actually grown to like you Athena. I hope you can forgive us."

"What?" I shake my head after getting hit with the strong slap that came with the substance.

"Nothing." She smiles breathily.

"This is our brothers doings, there was nothing we could do about it Saff." Lea turns me around by my shoulder. "Right, you're going to want to have a chat with James." Lea advices. I looked over to Saffron warily.

She gives me a questioning look before dismissing me with her hands.

"I'll take care of Nicholas." She teases. I roll my eyes before getting pushed gently by Lea.

Walking off to find my way to James.

He wasn't in the art room so there was only one place left.

The library.

It spans over a third of the whole building, taking up all floors and was filled with endless books.

"You're here because of the girls aren't you?" He chuckles as I finally spot him in the upper section.

"Care to explain?" I ask walking over to a near shelf.

"They want to prevent you meeting Vivienne."

My mouth drops slightly offended.

"What's wrong with me meeting the princess?" I ask. "I've already met three. Four if you count Briar actually." I rambled.

"That's exactly why. You're exactly yourself no matter what situation you're in." He says in a obvious tone.

"Is that offensive?" I turned around only to find him standing before me.

Looking down at me with an amused expression before placing back the book he had. Having to reach over me.

"Wasn't my intent. Take it however you want." He looks back to me with a careless look.

"Then what's so different about the princess that my personality would be a bad thing to face." I rephrases.

"Because your personality and her personality together isn't something anyone wants to deal with sober."

"And?"

"And she has been..well she is Altheo's  favourite fling." He emphasized 'And'.

I say a silent 'oh' before nodding undertsandingly.

James guides me to the seat he was on. Standing in front of me.

"Neither Nicholas nor I could have a chance with her since our mother is a close dear friend of the King."