XXXI - Read

(Short plain smut warning.)
~ ~ ~

I held his hand tightly, squeezing it at every random burst of heat and pain I received.

Nick began making his way to the door but before he could get far, I called out his name. His head turned around in slight concern.

He raised an eyebrow as he walked back with a small grin.

"I-...I still want to go to my classes." I bit my bottom lip as I waited for his response.

He let out a puff of air, showing off his smile. Shaking his head in disbelief before smiling in wonder for a silent minute.

"You're going to drive me crazy, Noir." He stated. "Do you want me to fight every man in this area?" He questioned before leading me outside the room.

Outside was Thomas leaning against the wall, drinking from a flask.

"Is that the.." I trailed off as my eyes glued onto the flask. But I caught Thomas's attention, his head turning to me in surprise.

"No it's liquor." He tilted the object, I took a whiff and this time it actually had the scent of alcohol. I quickly grabbed it from him and nearly accidentally downed the whole thing. Hoping it would have some soothing effect against my heat. Which it did not.

A wolfs ability to not get drunk so easily seems like a curse rather than a blessing now.

Thomas looks at me speechless.

"That was expensive you know." He says, gobsmacked.

"It's not like you're paying for it" Nick said as he grabbed the flask from me, handing it back to Thomas. "Have you forgiven him?" Nicholas looked down to me curiously.

"I barely did anything, my loyalty stays with your sister." Thomas made it known. "Though I still apologise for what I've done on my part." He turned to me with a genuine look.

I realized his actions didn't matter or hurt me as much compared to the others. Thomas hadn't been so much fooling me. He had kept within his limits, saying more than what he needed to.

"I guess you're off the hook." I responded.

"How's the heat?" He asked, I raised an eyebrow at him. "How did you know?" I asked forgetting basic information.

A she-wolf's heat arrives two days after meeting her mate. Just to speed up the mating process.

It's how Archer figured out my birthday.

"I know everything kroshka" Thomas grins proudly. "That and any unmated guy will be able to sense the heat coming from you." He added.

"She wants me brawling with every man in town." Nicholas brought up. I rolled my eyes at him.

"You're quite a brave soul, Athena. Making Nicholas wait this long is like torture for a Lycan. "

"It isn't don't worry." Nick assures me.

"It isn't-" Thomas mocks."Oh it defitnetly is. It's like having to keep a strand of hair from moving but the wind keeps blowing it up." He explained.

"Am..am I the wind?" I ask.

Thomas awkwardly looks over to Nicholas, looking for permission. Nick gives him a tired look shaking his head. Thomas looks back at me with a guilty grin as he nodded his head very slowly.

His analogy had put me off, suprised and everything as Nicholas didn't even try to deny it.

And I honestly would've laughed a little if it hadn't been for the constant agonizing pain.