XIII - Alliance

~ ~ ~

Niña was quite popular amongst the student body. More loved than Saffron from my perspective. Although I haven't seen her with Nicholas or any of the others in the past few weeks.

Altheo and I had gotten a seat at the outside tables. The ones in the gardens.

I didn't want to be around Nicholas and he didn't want to be around him or Niña either.

"Why did you two fight?" I addressed the situation warily

They're best friends, they wouldn't have a fight over something stupid.

Right?

"He said a few things that got me mad. So I said a few things to get him mad. "

"That sounds stupid."

"It was." He grins.

"What did he say?" I say in a quiet and soft tone. Watching his reaction.

"Shit like he'll take you from me just like Isa-..Niña." He furrowed his eyebrows as he looks back into the memory.

"Nothing but the Moon Goddess will ever make me go for Nicholas. " I add, he gives me an unsure smile, his eyes moving pass my shoulders.

I look behind me and see Lea bringing the group along with her.

The whole group.

It looked like she had rounded them up to bond together. To fix the troubled water between them after the fight.

I could hear Altheo sigh beside me as I waved to Lea.

"You two look comfy, mind if we join?"

Yes.

"Not at all." I shake my head. Sending an apologetic look to Altheo.

Niña sent me a smile as she takes a seat far from the other guys. She looked quite uncomfortanle to be here. Saffron sat next to her with a bored look, as if she had better things to do. They both looked like they wanted nothing to do with the other guys.

Even the guys looked like they didn't want to be here. Thomas played around with a small dagger, twirling it around his finger carelessly. James had a disturbed expression as he tried to focus on his book but it was like Nicholas's aura was troubling him. Nick was too busy scowling at nothing.

Lea was the only one with a smile on her face. Casually talking, mostly to Thomas as he's the only one willing to listen.

I was thankful her voice was able to overwhelm the painful atmosphere.

Suddenly I feel a hand on my thigh, Altheo drawing circles with his pointer finger. I try catching his eyes but he seems zoned out. My eyes move through everyone, eventually landing on Nicholas who was already staring at me.

He arches his eyebrow, questioning me.

I furrow mine, and he looks over to Altheo and then back to me.

Questioning what was happening between Theo and I.

I roll my eyes.

Having a stare down right after with Nicholas again. His face having a victorious smirk once I look away out of annoyance.

When I moved my eyes off of Nicholas, they landed on Niña.

She was subtly watching what was happening between Nicholas and I. I almost felt ashamed that she had spectated the whole thing.

"What are you studying Athena?" Niña leans closer over the edge of the table.

Everybody turns their attention to us, even Lealani stops talking.