XXXIV - Crowns

Nicholas's POV
~ ~ ~

"Tell me, how do I make it up to her?" James, sat on the couch looking stressed for once as he pleaded for advice from Altheo.

The four of us taking refuge in the lounge to avoid having to associate with the rest of the school.

"Why are you asking him? I'm the boyfriend." I stated from across the room.

The guys looked at me with deadpanned looks.

"James not a single one of us can help you in this. One was forgiven because she was influenced by her heat. The other is being neglectful and as for me, Id rather not sell her out anymore."

I narrowed my eyes at Thomas restlessly.

"Neglectful?" Altheo raised a brow feeling tested.

"Are you going to deny it like the way you continue to deny your feelings for her?" Thomas said as he observed a small snowball in his hand. Careless of Altheos reaction.

I looked over to Theo where he stood with a clenched jaw. His eyes glanced to me for a quick moment before he grabbed a succulent and threw it at Thomas.

Thomas dodging it with ease, looks back to Altheo with a grin.

Before either one of us could say a word, a knock on the door arrives. Knowing it couldn't be Lea nor Saffron since they wouldn't knock, we all became on high alert.

Thomas opening the door, there stood Henri and Archer.

"What is it?" I spoke up.

Their eyes searched the room in silence, sharing concerned looks with each other.

"Athena's not here?" Henri addressed.

"No why?" I ask.

"We have been looking around the school for her. She must have gone outside the grounds then." Archer mentioned.

"Athena really took the chance to leave straight after she could finally be away from you." Thomas laughed. I mocked his face in response.

I always knew Athena was a girl who enjoyed her own free will. It was the only reason why I couldn't act the way I should've.

Claiming what's mine and making sure no other guy would even dare to speak with her.

I knew if I acted so controlling, she would've been more distant with me. And she was already so reluctant with me, I didn't need to give her more reasons to love someone else.

But of course that's something I can't help.

"Did she tell you she was going to leave?" James asked me.

"No, she didn't mention anything."

"Maybe you weren't paying attention or forgotten something she said." Henri suggested.

"That's ridiculous. I love her voice. I remember anything she says. She probably decided to go outside the field for a moment." I responded.

"That's the thing, her scent didn't lead to any exits. At all." Henri noted. "It lead to an empty room with sealed windows." He added.