XL - Graduation

~

"Mama would've loved him you know."

I turned my head and stared at Evelyn who had her hands on Seth's shoulders.

Seth was attentively watching Jane create a crown with the flowers from the garden beds. Or maybe he was just zoning out into his own world.

My siblings don't really know how to feel about this whole thing.

They're used to the fear but now that the fear has happened, it's like they're wondering what's next.

"You think so?" I respond, walking back to them.

Each week, every Friday afternoon we'd visit the cemetery.

Seth always wonders why our mother's name was written in the stone. Asking all sorts of questions about Nicholas too.

Jane picks out exactly sixteen flowers and creates a small crown with them. Leaving the crown on our mothers gravestone. Nicholas gets a small grass ring from her sometimes.

And Eve is really the only one keeping the family from diving into depression.

"She always said she hoped you were fated to a man who'd fight your struggles for you." Eve chuckled.

I cringed at her words but I couldn't fight the smile that appeared.

A vintage car pulled up on the road and I watched as the second General got out of it.

The second General had taken in my siblings as I continue to study at Astor. It was an offer she refused to let me refuse.

My siblings turned around and each gave her a hug as she walked over.

"I'm going to need to talk to your big sister alone for a minute. Eve why don't you take Seth and Jane to the car." She stated.

I waved goodbye to them before facing the General.

"Is everything alright?" I ask.

"The Royal Guard wants me to deal with one last situation before I quit." She shook her head in irritance.

"What is it?"

"We had just been informed that a few months ago during Del Luna, there was a breach."

All of a sudden, I could sense the drop in temperatures. How the clouds looked heavy and sullen, turning the world into a grey tint.

Hearing the haunting day made me return to my past before I had met Nicholas. Wondering if it ever actually happened.

Needless to say, the stage of Denial hit me hard after Del Luna.

I had a mourning phase like the others. I don't know when I moved on or if I ever got over his passing. But I'd say that mourning phase returns every midnight on a sunday.

I'd wish that it was me rather than him but I wouldn't want to wish everything he did for me, to mean nothing.

I'm not sure if its fortunate that I struggle with grieving.

"Your Father, Eros. It seems that he managed to cross the portal and easily passed our warriors at the Academy." She sighs in disappointment.

I felt the blood in my face leave.

The night of Del Luna, I had a dream that this strange man had appeared right in front of me. A few words were said but I couldn't understand him.

Atleast I thought it was a dream.

"Has he revealed himself?" I ask.

"No, the royal guard only found out last night when there had been reported bite marks on deers in several pack territories."