XV - Break

Sailor up top ^^
His insta- tsokkur

Or imagine someone else¡

~ ~ ~

I could not think straight.

Nicholas this, Nicholas that.

Azula wasn't much of help either. She wasn't responding to me ever since the party.

I wanted to be as far away as I could be from Nicholas before I would get enchanted to fall for the asshole. I shake off my thoughts, trying to stay on track. I needed to finish packing my stuff.

Things got a little too out of control back at the pack. Obsides lunae.

(Hostages of the moon, I think.)

The pack had gotten the name from a history filled of wolves dying here. Famous for the amount of deaths that always took place within our territory.

People that walk into the borders, wouldn't be seen again.

No one knows exactly what the causes of the deaths are, the causes would range from murder to old age.
Some people say its a curse from my blood. My family. They think we're some sort of bad omen.

My family has caused the pack many troubles. Though I was the one who'd end up paying. Which I'd rather than any of my family members. The rumours got worse as they spread. The worst my remaining relatives have done is shoplift.

But my mother was the real trouble. She spends more time in the dungeons than she does being a mother sometimes. I'm now old enough to realise that it's not her fault that she's the way she is.

I also know for a fact that my family isn't staying out of trouble while I'm away.

Of course I wasn't allowed a break from school with no valid reason, I needed to keep up my studies. However the Academy allowed me to return to my pack because of my mother getting imprisoned again and there would be no one to take care of my siblings.

I'm not saying that I'm thankful for my mom being sent to prison but the timing couldn't have been any better.

I needed this break.

A week or two shouldn't be a struggle.

"For you, I doubt a few people will be sleeping well while you're gone."

As long as I'm sleeping well, everything is fine.

I impatiently wait for the taxi driver to pull up to the airport. I was running a little late for my flight. After paying the driver more than the ride had cost, I rushed to check in.

"Athena?" I look my left in surprise.

"Niña?" I exclaimed. She was across me in the next line for first class passengers, for a different flight.

There was a scarf around her neck, hiding her bruises. Her eyes were slightly puffy, you could tell she was crying all night.

Yet she still looked quite beautiful.

"Look Athena, I hope you can forgive me in the future, and it's not my place to say this but I also hope you can forgive him because he's a genuinely great guy." She leaned closer and whispered.

"What are you talking about?" I had a confused look plastered on my face.

"You'll understand sooner or later." She shakes her head. "Just know I'm incredibly sorry for marking-" She had looked overwhelmed with herself, unable to continue her sentence Niña had looked down to the floor."

"Niña I don't understand what you're saying-"

"I'm saying I never intended to mess with anything that Selene has created. I truly wish you and Nicholas the best." She says out loud.