I - First Impression

[the writing format will be an eyesore for some]

~ ~ ~

Directions will always be my worst enemy.

I struggled to find my way to the front gate, questioning if I had walked around the same corner four times by now. My skirt almost flieing up every now and then with the wind as I rush around the area.

When I finally couldn't recognise my surroundings, I felt victorious. So certain that I found the entrance with no sense of direction and only pure luck. But around the corner I had to do a sudden stop.

The sound of my patent leather platforms echoing through the private parking lot.

"Nicholas, I'll do anything." A girl cries on her knees, holding onto the polished shoes of the boy in front of her.

"Everyone should know that I don't give out second chances. What makes you think that you are an exception?" The guy held onto a strand of her hair, letting it fall out of his palms. He rolls his eyes, which land on me. A slight feeling of rejection flows through me as he shows no clear interest.

Surprisingly, he hadn't looked away from me until his company's pleading cries became too unbearable to ignore.

"I was hesitant, Nicholas. I couldn't believe I'd be the girl to finally get to you after N-" she choked on her words, staring wide eyed as the guy crouched to her level. Asking for her hand, slowly helping her up.

"You could never compare to her. " He suddenly drops her hand causing her to fall back onto the pavement.

"Should've known that this was another one of your games." She sobbed to herself, her sadness turning into rage as she pulled her school tie. Ripping her pearl necklace off her body, the pearls rolling all the way over the ground.

Reluctantly I made my way to her after the guy had made a move to leave.

I avoided looking over at him as we walked pass each other. I felt like I would've needed to pay a fee if I had peaked at him.

Before I could get further away, my wrist was grabbed. Preventing me to get any closer to the girl.

"Goddess we're next." Azula, my wolf comments.

"Don't bother." His voice was heavy on the words.

I turned my head in hopes to see his face up close. But he hadn't even been looking at me. It was only until he felt my eyes scan all over his side profile did he finally turn his head.

"That thing isn't worth your time." He stated. I grew a distasteful expression as he dropped my arm.

"Nicholas do you even know this girl?" The once tear stained girl stood up, enraged at the sight of us.

Her tears were nowhere to be found, the only proof of her tantrum would be the red scratches across her neck

"No. I don't."

And then I felt it. His deep gaze, it made me hold my breath. I was certain his eyes observed every detail of my appearance.

The feeling so intense that I suddenly became aware of everything at once, from how the earth turned to the clouds  drifting. I could feel it all along with him.

I hated it.

Awareness, it was the one thing I wish I could erase from my life.

So I faced him in attempts to break out of the strange moment he had singlehandedly caused.

His head tilted. My eyes automatically moved to his lips. A habit engraved into my head from the past. My view returned to his gift, eyes containing the colours of Earth.