XXX - Heat

~ ~ ~

"Athena the only reason you're still..aware is because of Altheo."

It was like my mood suddenly dropped. I was no longer mad nor upset. But I wasn't okay either.

"He really is competitive." I scoffed before turning around and walking off.

But that was soon stopped by James grabbing hold of my wrist. Placing a letter in my hand before walking away in shame.

In the back of the letter it had said

~When the time is right and everything is needed~

I checked the hallway to see if he was still around. Once I made sure James was out of sight, I threw it out the window into one of the garden beds.

Despite the attack, I wasn't thrown off or incapable of going to class. But it seems like everything was trying prevent me from learning.

"What's out there?" Vivienne arched an eyebrow at me so casually as she appeared beside me.

"Fresh air." I answered breathlessly, stepping back from the window.

As I turned to face her, the look in her eyes was priceless. She was in utmost horror at the sight of my clothes.

"Goddess, what happened to you?" She asked, trying to conceal her disgusted expression with minimal effort.

I stopped myself from cursing in front of her as I looked down at my uniform.

"Met an old friend." I nodded, trying to avoid telling the long story. She was not amused at all by the looks of it.

"I despise liars did you know that?" She tilts her head slightly at an angle.

"No, I did not. But I'm sure you despise a lot of things." I gave the princess a forced smile.

For a moment her eyes wondered around my body. Judging thoroughly with no shame and respect. And after nothing from her, I decided to leave.

"Are you walking away from me?"

All of a sudden she appeared right next to me, again.

"I'm not very fond of royal lycans." I admitted.

"You're confidence is almost admirable." She said with curious narrowing eyes.

"Would you rather me change my attitude towards you?" I asked focused on her eyes.

"No." She replied instantly. "That's probably the one thing I hate more than liars." she emphasized.

I assume she still expects the respect that I'm obliged to give her because of her status. And I knew she was letting me break several rules just out of her own curiosity. On a normal day, I would be punished for speaking out of line.

"Noted." I said sarcastically.

"I remember you from yesterday." Vivienne mentioned before I could try to leave again. "Are you Briars mother?" She asked.

"Do I look like a mother to you?" I asked her.

"You look perfectly capable of being one."

"That sounds offensive but no." I responded. "I'm not her mother. I just look like her biological one." I told her after she stayed silent.

The princess seems to wait until she gets an answer she's satisfied with.

"Altheo called out for you yesterday." She mentioned, looking a bit uneasy.