XXI - Family

~ ~ ~

It never stuck to my head that these guys were to the level of palaces and crowns type of royalty.

To me they were just ridiculously rich.

My eyes wandered to every part of architecture as we pulled up to the structures. The whole palace had little to elephant sized marble sculptures everywhere. Fountains and rows of flowers added to the look.

It almost had a museum theme to it.

And it might as well have been since everything outside and inside could probably be older than my family name.

"Shit." I say under my breath.

"Wait till you see the inside." Thomas adds as he also reminisce in the scenery.

Out of all the times I wanted to run away, today would've been perfect. But for some reason, I had no urge to.

I feel the car stop.

"Put this on." He hands me a small bottle with no lable.

"What is it?"

"Just something that'll hide your scent."

I furrow my eyebrows at him.

"I want your visit to be a surprise of course. I even used some myself, just so the others won't figure out anything."

I hesistantly sprayed it on me once, then two more times after being adviced by Thomas. It had no smell to it, guess it really lived up to its purpose.

"Take her to the guest rooms." Thomas speaks to a maid near the front entrance.

I don't bother to question him and follow the maid as she leads me to a seperate entrance. She opens the door, revealing a large shining interior. Floors made of polished grey marble. Random greek statues, pillars, religious paintings and other expensive. Chandeliers hanging right above us every ten meters. The roof painted with angels and people.

The maid continued to walk, leading me to my room.

My lips separated once the door was opened. The room was the size of my apartment. The bed had curtains on all sides and was defitnetly larger than a king size. Atleast three couches were in the room. A large flat screen hanging over a fireplace. The bathroom could compare to a classroom size. It had a jacuzzi kind of tub and a glass shower. There was two sinks and one giant mirror. Some walls were basically just large mirrors.

"Mr Vasiliev will come visit you soon. Is there anything else I can help with?" She asked.

I shook my head before she had left the room. Although I wasn't left alone for long as all of a sudden there was a knock on the door.

I panicked, my head looking in all directions for places to hide. Realising I'd have to open the door, I cleared my throat. Wondering if I had to change my voice.

"It's me, Athena."

I slowly opened the door, sighing in relief to see mafia boy. He walked in, closing the door behind him before falling onto the bed restlessly.

"What's up with you?" I asked him.

"This trip was supposed to be relaxing." He turned around laying on his back. Just staring at the ceiling.

I raised an eyebrow at him once he looked over to me.

"We were set up, specifically Altheo."

My breath hitched at the sound of his name.

"What do you mean by that?"

"He's been arranged into a wedding after his elders found out about-.." he paused, looking around the room with his mouth open.